No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Limit access based on connection

This question is answered This question is answered

A customer need to limit users access based in locations, so they can connect to O365 services only from the main office.  I found a Technet document, but the details apply to all users.  Is possible to apply restrictions to specific users?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd807067(v=WS.10).aspx

Thanks,

DVM

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi DVM,

Actually you can use the client access policy to block all external access to Office 365 for members of designated Active Directory groups. Please see Limiting Access to Office 365 Services Based on the Location of the Client and pay attention to the last scenario of Client Access Policy Scenarios.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hello Reken,

And thanks for your answer.  I didn't noticed the last scenario in the document.  Let's see how it goes...

DVM

• Hi DVM,

I am glad to hear the information provided is useful. If there is any progress with this issue or you need further assistance with this issue, please post it in the forum.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong