No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Access two mailboxes from one account.

This question is answered This question is answered

From my business Outlook desktop account I can see and process mail that comes in to our "Accounts Payables" account.

I want to be able to do the same from my 365 OWA account.

FYI: I had to get help to write a script in Powershell to create this in my desktop Outlook.

Any suggestions would  be appreciated, thanks.

Verified Answer
  • You can open another mailbox, or you can open another Inbox, but neither experience will be the same as the full Outlook client.

• Hi HardlyDangerous,

Based on your description, I understand that you want to open other mailboxes in your  Office 365 mailbox through OWA, if so, just as Dan suggested, we could we could use below options to open other mailboxes in Office 365 OWA:

1. Open Other Mailbox(http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/bb899681.aspx )
    2. Open Other User's Inbox(In OWA, right click user name in left panel, select Open Other User's Inbox...)

In addition, to achieve this, we need to assign Full Access permission to users through PowerShell first, for example,

Command allow John open  Jerry's mailbox:
    Add-MailboxPermission
    Jerry@contoso.com  -User  John@contoso.com -AccessRights FullAccess  

Command allow John open Jerry's Inbox:
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity Jerry@contoso.com:\Inbox -User John@contoso.com -AccessRights Owner

For more detailed information, please refer below article:
    Give an Administrator the Ability to Open and View the Contents of a User's Mailbox(http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/gg709759.aspx)

If I have misunderstood your issue, please feel free to provide more details about your requirement. Thank you for your understanding.

@Dan, thanks for your suggestion provided here.

Thanks,

Jolin Qiao

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • You can open another mailbox, or you can open another Inbox, but neither experience will be the same as the full Outlook client.

• Hi HardlyDangerous,

Based on your description, I understand that you want to open other mailboxes in your  Office 365 mailbox through OWA, if so, just as Dan suggested, we could we could use below options to open other mailboxes in Office 365 OWA:

1. Open Other Mailbox(http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/bb899681.aspx )
    2. Open Other User's Inbox(In OWA, right click user name in left panel, select Open Other User's Inbox...)

In addition, to achieve this, we need to assign Full Access permission to users through PowerShell first, for example,

Command allow John open  Jerry's mailbox:
    Add-MailboxPermission
    Jerry@contoso.com  -User  John@contoso.com -AccessRights FullAccess  

Command allow John open Jerry's Inbox:
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity Jerry@contoso.com:\Inbox -User John@contoso.com -AccessRights Owner

For more detailed information, please refer below article:
    Give an Administrator the Ability to Open and View the Contents of a User's Mailbox(http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/gg709759.aspx)

If I have misunderstood your issue, please feel free to provide more details about your requirement. Thank you for your understanding.

@Dan, thanks for your suggestion provided here.

Thanks,

Jolin Qiao

•  

Hi HardlyDangerous,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to assist you.

Thanks,

Jolin Qiao

• Can I open other user's "Drafts", "Sent Items" and other folders in the same page? I don't just want to "Open Other User's Inbox"

• Hi pcmeal,

The ‘Open Other’s specific folder’ can’t be achieved.

In addition, if you need further assistance on this issue, for us to find your question and focus on it more easily, I'd like you can post a new thread with this issue.

Thanks,

Ray Yang