No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Error when logging in

• When I try to log into Office 365 it directs me to my ADFS location where I get a 404 error.  I ran the mosdal tool and I get this error.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    ║ Verify Web Application Login to Microsoft Office 365 by Using a Token Issued by AD FS ║
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
    1: (Fail) Attempting to Authenticate to https://login.microsoftonline.com/

All Results Related to This Failure:
    >     Test Verify Web Application Login to Microsoft Office 365 by Using a Token Issued by AD FS: Fail
    >       Diagnostics: No token was received from AD FS.
    >     Test Verify the Microsoft Office 365 Authentication System Tenant Namespace Registration: Pass
    >     Test Verify That the Metadata Exchange (MEX) Document Can Be Retrieved From the Federation Server : Pass
    >     Test Verify Web Application Login to AD FS by Using Windows Integrated Authentication: Fail
    >       Diagnostics: There was an exception error during a login attempt.
    >     Test Verify Rich Client Application Login by Using Username/Password Authentication: Pass
    >     Test Verify Rich Client Application Login by Using Windows Integrated Authentication: Pass

Added Attachment: Security Token Response (RSTR-001)
    > Analyzing Security Token Response (RSTR-001)
    >   Pass: The AD FS Token validity period is valid.
    >   Artifact Analysis passed verification

• Hello mbh23,

I'm sorry for the delayed response.  Are you still having this issue, or were you able to resolve it?

• From the results, it looks like your active endpoints are fine but the web application endpoints seem to be failing indicating that there is something wrong with the IIS portion of ADFS. Did you make a configuration change in IIS prior to seeing the issue?

• Hi Samuel

I have the same problem and appear to have broken my IIS settings. Could you tell me what they should be on the ADFS server 'Default Web Site', 'ADFS site' and 'LS' Sites and what they should be on Forefront TMG proxy (no adfs proxy)?

Any help greatly appreciated; cheers. Gary.