No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Web site transfer

This question is answered This question is answered

I am a single user on Office 365, can I import my current website from Microsoft Office Live?

Regards

Peter

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Peter,

You will need to recreate your website manually.  This is covered in the transition guide for Office Live Small Business in the below URL.

ask.officelive.com/.../transition.aspx

Here are some help guides for designing your public website in Office 365.

office.microsoft.com/.../CL102040066.aspx

Matt Gill
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Hi Peter,

Here is some additional information about the transition to assist you.

Self-transition Guide for Office Live Small Business Customers

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• NOBODY at MS bothers to tell us that we CAN open both your OLSB and generic Office 365 at the same time and cut and paste.  Try it.

• You know why they don't tell you because it doesn't work.  See: www.builditon365.com/.../DesignandEditiing.aspx 

and this too: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/146/p/47867/166351.aspx#166351

• Thanks, Ken.  But, I did cut & paste much of my site and it works.  See www.splitterwallplate.com

Cutting from MS Office Live Small Business to MS Office 365 must be okay perhaps because it's pretty much the same program.

Mike

• no.  unfortunately you must rebuild your entire site from scratch.  best I can tell you is you can copy each page and paste it into the new site page.

you must reload every picture and many of the links though.

I know this is not the answer you want to hear but I hope this helps