No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

MS Deployment Readiness Tool Hangs

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello

Im new to the community and trying to set up MS Office 365 (E3) Trial. I have downloaded the trial and started the basic setup items outlined on the Office 365 Amin page. I have tried to run the MS 365 Deployment Readiness Tool but it hangs at "Password policy checks complete" I have let it run for over an hour several times but always hangs at the same spot.

Any ideas?

Thanks

studioCJF

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi studioCJF,

Which step you are performing when the issue occurs? It sounds you have signed up an Office 365 E3 trial plan, downloaded and installed Office professional plus and Lync online. If so, would you please try if your Outlook and Lync work normally now? If they can work, it is obvious that your environment has been ready now, otherwise I suggest you update your OS and re-run the desktop set up process.

Alternatively, you can configure your environment by manually updating and configuring desktops for Office 365.

Please note that the software requirements for Office 365 is satisfied in your environment.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Reken

I have not installed Office Professional Plus or Lync yet. I was not palnning on installing Professional Plus because I plan to purchase an E1 Plan after the trial period has ended which does not include the Professional Plus option.

I was trying to use the 365 Deployment Readiness Tool to evaluate my existing setup and programs to get a recommendation on what programs i need to update and what settings/info I need to gather before I jumped into the full install. I'm not exactly sure what the 365 Deployment Readiness Tool report looks like but i was hoping it would help me map my plan of attack

• Hi StudioCJF,

Based on the Microsoft Office 365 Deployment Readiness Tool beta, password policy seems not included in the readiness tool assessments. Would you please re-download the readiness tool from the above hyperlink. Meanwhile, please make sure the test PC is a domain joined pc, which can connect to your local AD, local Exchange Server, or Lync Server if it is available.

Here is another help article about how to use Office 365 Deployment Readiness Tool for your reference:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/b/the_grid/archive/2011/06/20/how-to-office-365-deployment-readiness-tool-released-grid-user-post.aspx

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Send a mail to the feedback alias for the tool.  They will respond...

• Hi,

Thanks for the good suggestion. StudioCJF, you can also send feedback to the following address:

O365DReskitFeedback@microsoft.com

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu

• Hi StudioCJF,

How are things going? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Reken

I believe the problem stems from a test PC that is not part of a domain. The system I have is a SOHO setup with simple file sharing and not part of a domain base server. I have successfully installed and am using the E3 Office 365 Trial and will likely purchase an E1 Plan near the end of the 30 day trial

You may mark this support request resolved. However, the tool team may want to consider making the tool universal to work with non-server based systems or somehow highlight that the tool is for enterprise systems only

Thank you

Clark J Fell.AIA

studioCJF.inc

• Hi studioCJF,

Thanks for the responding. I sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback. It would be better if you can help to send your feedback to us by the link below:

http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BX11EN/135

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu

• Hi StudioCJF,

Try the latest version of the Reainess Tool and see if your problem is resolved.  Make sure that you are on a domain joined PC.