Sent message generated from Outlook for Mac 2011 appears on blackberry as-if received message

This question is answered This question is answered

I am using Outlook for Mac 2011, Office 365 and Blackberry Bold 9930 (Verizon).

When sending a message from Outlook for Mac 2011, it appears on my blackberry as if it is a received message (with envelope icon next to message, and my name as recipient). It is supposed to show up blackberry with a check mark (not envelope) and the recipients name (not mine as sender.)  The header of the message does say that the message is my sent folder.

This does not happen when using PC based Outlook 2007 or OWA.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Hi JBen,

Thanks for your feedback. Based on the information you provided, there might be different causes for this issue. I'd like you can directly conect RIM support team for this issue.  

You can contact them at

- www.blackberry.com/cloudservices
    - enterprisebeta@rim.com

Thanks,

Neo Zhu

All Replies
  • I found the following on a blackberry forum.  The post described the same problem I did above and here was his fix, the problem is he did not provide details on how to do this, or the impact of this fix when using PC-based Outlook or OWA.  Any clarification on below fix would be helpful, thanks:

Re: Problem with email

After contacting BB support, I solved the issue by removing folder redirection for the sent items.

I still find it however quite strange that with Outlook 2010 (Windows) works correctly even with that on, but all other mail clients fail...

• Hi JBen,

Thanks for your feedback. Based on the information you provided, there might be different causes for this issue. I'd like you can directly conect RIM support team for this issue.  

You can contact them at

- www.blackberry.com/cloudservices
    - enterprisebeta@rim.com

Thanks,

Neo Zhu

• Hi Jben,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Neo Zhu