BlackBerry service transition from BPOS

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Does anyone know what happens to BlackBerries when we are transitioned to Office 365? We have received our prepare to transition email, where we are instructed to be ready by January 27, 2012.

I have done extensive searching and it is not clear what will happen to our blackberry devices. Will the BlackBerries continue to work after the transition? Will we be moved to BlackBerry business cloud services beta or a production ready version? Do our users have to wipe their devices and re-enroll similar to the process of moving from on-prem to BPOS?

If there is anything a BlackBerry user needs to do for the transition I want to provide them with instructions in advance.

All Replies
  • Hello Chris,

For the first question:
    No, the previously available Hosted BlackBerry for Microsoft Exchange Online will not be available for Office 365. 

For the second question:
    As far as I know, it should be production ready version.
    From the information provided by BlackBerry, RIM will provide BlackBerry Business Cloud Services as part of a Beta offering by end of 2011. Moreover, for the detailed information about this question, I sincere suggest refer to the following the contents.

For the third question:
    For this question, I sincerely recommend contacting our partner, Research in Motion (RIM) , is best suited to help you with Office 365 BlackBerry Business Cloud Service issues and can give you additional information and support at the following sites:
    ==========================================
    Forums: 
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ (English)
    Blog: 
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/b/microsoft_office_365_blog/archive/2011/10/25/announcing-the-open-beta-of-rim-blackberry-business-cloud-services-for-office-365.aspx (English)
    Twitter:
    Twitter@BlackBerryHelp (English)

Thanks for understanding,
    Claud

• Hi Claud,

Thank you for your response.

It is essential that we have Blackberry service after our transition. Can we delay our Office 365 transition until such a time that our Blackberries will function seamlessly with Office 365?

Chris

• Hello Chris,

Thanks for the feedback.
    As far as I know, once the transition time is scheduled, it cannot be changed.

Claud

• Hello Chris,

Do you need other assistance about using Office 365?

Best regards,
    Claud

• Hi Claud,

We have received our estimated transition of February 10. One of my colleges is attempting to postpone this date.

I have posted to the RIM forum regarding the issue and have not received a response: supportforums.blackberry.com/.../1534899

Chris

• Hi Claud,

We have been successful in postponing our transition for 60 days.

Chris

• BlackBerry Business cloud services is now out of beta:

blogs.office.com/.../update-on-blackberry-business-cloud-services-for-microsoft-office-365.aspx

• Im the classic case of migrated to office 365 and face blackberry users in dilemma ... One of my blackberry users in hong kong using CSL unable to use the blackberry devices to read emails .. and there are no clear setup guide to transition BB users to office 365.

• Hi

We also have several BPOS customers using Blackberry. First transition to Office365 with customer using Blackberry is planned soon. Unfortunately we also couldn't find any information about blackberry transition. I do know that we have to use the new BBCS. But what are exactly the transition steps (concerning Blackberry) we need to do?

Thanks for your help

Lars

• Hello Chris,

Thanks for your feedback and the latest information about launching BBCS provided.
    As for the transition guide, please wait for the feedback from the BlackBerry forum for detailed information about the transition.

Moreover, I’m glad to hear that we have been successful in postponing our transition for 60 days. If you need other assistance about using Office 365, please feel free to post it in the forum. I’m very glad to help you.

Claud

• Hello Cskhor,

Thanks for posting the issue here. 

If your users encountered issues when using Office 365 with the BlackBerry device, I sincerely suggest posting the detailed information about the issue in a new thread in the forum, such as the error message encountered. This is so your question will be answered quickly.

Claud

• Hello Lars,

Thanks for posting here.

For the transition guide, I suggest follow Chris's thread posting in the BlackBerry forum to get the detailed information about the transition.

Claud

• My concern is that even now that BBerry Business Cloud Services is live, we have 70 BBerry users and the options to perform the setup steps in the Admin console of O365 are not available until POST transition.  Has anyone been through this process yet?  How much downtime did your users experience?  He have users all over the country.  I could see this being a nightmare.

• Hello Onsite_streamlite,

Thanks for posting here.
    I noticed that you have posted a dedicate post for the issue. Moreover, our support engineer is following you with the issue. As a result, I sincerely suggest follow the issue and keep an eye at the dedicate thread you posted. Thanks for understanding.
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/605/t/53586.aspx

Best Regards,
    Claud

• I can tell you what will happen because it is a major cluster F-ck

1st, the onboarding process will not work if your users have an older version of the desktop software installed

Some windows 7 computer will not run the communications components of blackberry so you will need to find a machine that does work and use it

You have to put the blackberry site in trusted sites so the components will install, otherwise the site just sits there and does nothing

Bold 9700s do not backup and restore data even though the onboarding works successfully

That is just the beginning, get ready for a MAJOR headache

We have gotten 189 blackberries straightened out but had to touch almost all of them