No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Determining how many users have installed Office 2010

This question is answered This question is answered

Is there a way to obtain this information?

Primarily, I want to determine how many of my users have installed Office 2010. I want to know this so I can gauge how many people are updating their corporate issued computer to the current standard.

Secondarily, and far less important, I want to determine how many installations are in use, given the ability to install on up to 5 devices as part of our subscription.

Thanks,

Dave

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Dave,

If you get Windows InTune, you could check that from your own desk, you could also remotely do installs and upgrades. Among other things it will also check that updates are installed, and that virus software is upto date. It has another feature too, in that it will allow you you to upgrade the OS to Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate. You can follow the link below for more info, and a trial.

www.microsoft.com/.../try-and-buy.aspx

• Hi

Thanks for the reply Robert. I am not sure this will work for me, as approximately 95% of my users are off site and are not connected to our network in any way. Also, Windows InTune is far more capability  than I require.

I will keep searching though.

Cheers,

Dave

• Hi Dave,

Thanks for Robert’s response at first.

I understand you’d like to determine how many of Office Professional Plus licenses are used with your users.

In terms of your situation, to check the license status for the users, we can use the PowerShell command Get-MsolUser.

1. Connect Windows PowerShell to the Service: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/2b09b6a8-ad7e-446f-b7f0-273856beed70#BKMK_install
    2. Run the following commands:
    $cred=Get-Credential
    connect-MSOLService -credential $cred
    3. After connecting to your Office 365 service, run the following command:
    Get-MsolAccountSku

In addition, you can refer to this thread to get a list of licensed users in Office 365: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/150/p/29965/126982.aspx#126982

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,
    Evan Zhang

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Dave,

How are things going on your side? Do you need any further assistance on this issue?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang