No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Can I use an on-premise Exchange with Outlook web app?

This question is answered This question is answered

New to Office365. I am a contractor and do not own the on-premise Exchange environment but want to use the Outlook web app for mobility.  I could not find an easy way to configure the necessary parameters. Can someone link me to the setup instructions?   

Additionally, can you configure more than one exchange account in Outlook and Outlook Web App? 

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi BeckyFinnick,

To manage emails in Outlook and Outlook Web App in Office 365, you can refer to the following links:

Getting started with Outlook Web App

Connect Office 365 to your Outlook desktop application

Set up email in Outlook

In addition, I understand you would like to connect another on-premises Exchange account in both Outlook and Outlook Web App(OWA) which has already connected to Office 365. Is it right?

It's possible to connect two Exchange accounts in desktop Outlook 2010, please refer to  Set Up E-Mail in Outlook 2010. However, for Outlook Web App, we can only add additional mailboxes with POP or IMAP connection. Please make sure you have enabled POP/IMAP access for the on-premises Exchange account, and then add this mailbox to OWA with connected account.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi BeckyFinnick,

I am writing to follow up on my previous reply, and please let us know whether or not the above reply answer your questions.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Sorry for the delay in responding...learning curve with so many new apps (Outlook, Exchange Online, SharePoint).  Correct, the Outlook Web App will not allow me to configure more than one Exchange Account...that's a bummer.

Thank you for responding and hopefully I won't take so long next time to reply.  

• Hi BeckyFinnick,

Thanks for your update. Actually if there is a local Exchange server, you can configure and publish OWA access on the local Exchange server separately, and there is no need to add integrate it with Office 365. If there is any other questions, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu