No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Accessing 'Documents'

This question is answered This question is answered

When editing a page on the website I want to access a document saved under 'Documents'.

Is the only way to go to 'Admin Home Page' then to 'Edit Web Site'?

This seems a bit long winded?

Many thanks

Roy

Verified Answer
  • Hello Roy,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about getting to your documents for the public-facing website.

You may also get there by clicking Member Login on the website, login if needed, and then click the website.

Are you trying to add and access the document from your public-facing website? If so, please follow these instructions:

1)      Go to the document in the public website document library

2)      Open the document

3)      Copy the URL

4)      Navigate to the list of web pages

5)      Put the check mark next to the page you want to add the link to, click edit

6)      Select the Insert tab

7)      Click on Hyperlink

8)      Click Website radio button

9)      Paste the URL in the URL text box

10)   Either leave the Display text blank (URL will show up) or enter text that will show up on the website that will hyperlink

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello Roy,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about getting to your documents for the public-facing website.

You may also get there by clicking Member Login on the website, login if needed, and then click the website.

Are you trying to add and access the document from your public-facing website? If so, please follow these instructions:

1)      Go to the document in the public website document library

2)      Open the document

3)      Copy the URL

4)      Navigate to the list of web pages

5)      Put the check mark next to the page you want to add the link to, click edit

6)      Select the Insert tab

7)      Click on Hyperlink

8)      Click Website radio button

9)      Paste the URL in the URL text box

10)   Either leave the Display text blank (URL will show up) or enter text that will show up on the website that will hyperlink

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

• Thanks for the help. I was further frustrated because the documents that I was trying to access were pdfs. I have added these to the site accessible by clicking on  hyperlinks.  Although these are accessible in this manner (albeit having to save them to the computer and then open them) they are not accessible at all through office 365?

I have read other 'complaints' about the difficulty of access to pdf files. I use them a lot on the current website through officelive. Is there likely to be easier access in the fiuture?

NEW REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

I want to upload  a number of photographs that I am to use in a slide show.

I go to 'Images'

I press 'upload multiple pictures from your computer'

Internet Explorer Security Queries Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

I click 'Allow'

I am returned to Wesite:Images:uploading Images

There is a message: 'If you have not finished uploading pictures switch to picture editor and finish uploading'

Where is picture editor and how do I navigate to it? Will this enable me to load up multiple pictures to 'Images'?

many thanks

Roy

• Roy,

The 365 interface appears to have been put together without much concern for usability. 

First, there's an easier way to add links to docs in your docs gallery than described above. When you insert a hyperlink you can simply select a doc from the list.

Second, currently 365 will open very few file types in the browser - including pdfs.

Third, yes, the picture editor is required to upload multiple images. It's very slow to open and may be opening behind another window.

• Still unable to access picture editor or upload multiple images.

• Hello Editor Roy,         

What Operating System are you using?

What version of Microsoft Office are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

What browser are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please click the start button, click on the Microsoft Office folder, and then click on the Microsoft Office Tools folder. Do you see the Microsoft Office Picture manager?

• Hello Roy,

Are you still having the same issue?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.