No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Do I have OneNote in Office365?

This question is answered This question is answered
I have Office365-the small business edition of it, not the enterprise edition. Do I have OneNote? If so, where is it? How do I get to it?
Verified Answer
  • Hi Ellen Finkelstein,

Yes you do have a One Note in Office 365 for small business. Office Web Apps extend the Microsoft Office programs you already know—Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote—with the added benefits of anywhere-access and easy sharing. The document looks the same in the browser as it does in the Office desktop app. Office Web Apps also allow you to edit documents in the browser, using the familiar look and feel of Office.

To Create a file with Office Web Apps:

• On the Home page, under Team Site, click the icon for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote.
    • A new browser window opens and you are prompted to type a name for the new file.
      Type a file name and click OK.
    • Office Web Apps opens and you can start editing your file.

• When you save the document, it is automatically saved up to the team site. Later, when you want to view or edit the document, you can go to Team Site to access it. When saving file to the SharePoint make sure you have configured your Office Desktop Apps, So that you can save a document directly to the SharePoint Team Site.

• Set up and configure your Office desktop apps :

• In the Microsoft Office 365 Portal Page, click Home.
        • On the right side of the Home page, under Resources, click Downloads.
        • From the Downloads page, install the programs that you want on your computer.
        • When you have finished installing the programs, return to the Downloads page, look under the heading Set up and configure your Office desktop apps, and then click Set up.
        • Follow the setup instructions to configure the Office Desktop Apps.

Kind Regards,

Surya Begum.

All Replies
    • Hi Ellen Finkelstein,

Yes you do have a One Note in Office 365 for small business. Office Web Apps extend the Microsoft Office programs you already know—Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote—with the added benefits of anywhere-access and easy sharing. The document looks the same in the browser as it does in the Office desktop app. Office Web Apps also allow you to edit documents in the browser, using the familiar look and feel of Office.

To Create a file with Office Web Apps:

• On the Home page, under Team Site, click the icon for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote.
      • A new browser window opens and you are prompted to type a name for the new file.
        Type a file name and click OK.
      • Office Web Apps opens and you can start editing your file.

• When you save the document, it is automatically saved up to the team site. Later, when you want to view or edit the document, you can go to Team Site to access it. When saving file to the SharePoint make sure you have configured your Office Desktop Apps, So that you can save a document directly to the SharePoint Team Site.

• Set up and configure your Office desktop apps :

• In the Microsoft Office 365 Portal Page, click Home.
          • On the right side of the Home page, under Resources, click Downloads.
          • From the Downloads page, install the programs that you want on your computer.
          • When you have finished installing the programs, return to the Downloads page, look under the heading Set up and configure your Office desktop apps, and then click Set up.
          • Follow the setup instructions to configure the Office Desktop Apps.

Kind Regards,

Surya Begum.

• Hi Ellen ,

I just want to ensure that all the information is useful for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
        Neo Zhu

• I enjoy using one note and i use it all the time in Skydrive. Why does the interface for my office 365 one notes look different than my skydrive? I am not able to edit my one notes in office 365. Why is that?

• Hi Courteny,

I'm not sure what do you mean different. Do you mean the feature of Office Web Apps (one notes) is different? If so, I'd recommend you can create a new thread, our SEs are willing to help.

Thanks, Neo Zhu