No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Access 2007 to publish on Sharepoint?

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

Is it possible to utilize Access 2007, create a database and publish on Office365 Sharepoint sites?  Or must I purchase the license for Access 2010 for me to effectively publish the database?

Thanks.

All Replies
  • short answer is yes.

• I tried several times with no success.  Is there a longer answer?  Please and thank you.

• I'm not sure, You can take a look at  www.brighthub.com/.../60022.aspx

• Hi Mike,

Does the reply answer your question?

Thanks,

Neo Zhu

• It is quite confusing between Access 2007 and Access 2010's capability to upload or publish information i.e database, spreadsheets on Sharepoint.  I finally purchased Access 2010 and did upload some simple lists only because even with Access 2010 uploading to Sharepoint, I am experiencing "compatiability issues."  Very frustraing still.  Know any good MSFT partners in New York or NJ that can help me do it?

• Hi Mike,

For Access2007, once we "publish" the access database to the SharePoint site, the application will upload a *.accdb file to a list or a document library . Users can click the file link on the SharePoint site and open the database on local application.

For Access2010, the improved integration with SharePoint Server 2010 via Access Services allows for Access 2010 databases to be published to SharePoint, which enables multiple users to interact with the database application from any standards-compliant Web browser. This Visual How To shows how to create an Access 2010 Web database and publish it to Access Services on SharePoint Server 2010.  Detail information : msdn.microsoft.com/.../ff402351.aspx

As for your question, if you to find some good MSFT partners , you can take a look this link :office365.pinpoint.microsoft.com/.../home

Thanks,

Neo Zhu