Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
Can not open wordfiles in ie9 whit out word on desktop i have use office365 P1
i can se the files in Sharepoint an if i try to open online then the are looking at word on mi desktop
Thanks for the feedback.
Please try to open the word file by clicking the dropdown list besides it and clicking View in Browser or Edit in Browser. Would it still look at word in your desktop? Did you receive any error message about it?
Moreover, I would like to know if you are using a 64bit browser when opening the Word documents. If so, please follow the steps below to set 32-bit Internet Explorer (IE) as the default browser.
1. Click "Start" and then click "Control Panel".
2. In the left pane of Control Panel, click "Classic View".
3. Click "Default Programs”.
4. Choose “Associate a file type or protocol with a program”.
5. Scroll down to click .mht type.
6. Click Change program and choose Internet Explorer (32-bit) to open .mht files.
Note: If you do not see the choice Internet Explorer (32-bit), please click Browse…, Locate the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, then click Open to choose the program.
7. Check “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file”.
8. Click OK.
After finishing this, please open Office 365 Team Site to check the issue again.
Hi im use 32bit windows 7 can you whit screendomp where view in browser is my by is me ther is looking the whrong
Here is a screen shot of the View in Browser.
In my example, check the file Microsoft Office 365 Customer Purchase and Support Guide, click the dropdown list ( the arrow ) besides it and click View in Browser or Edit in Browser.
Would it still look at word in your desktop or the file is open in your browser?
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.