No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

SharePoint Reports

This question is answered This question is answered

Good afternoon,

I would like to have access to more detailed attendance reports that those with / _layouts / usageDetails.aspx at the end of the domain.

I have an intranet with SharePoint 2010 on Office 365.

Is it possible to have the same type of services that we have via Google Analytics for example ?

Should I download software? Does Microsoft have tools for that?

Thank you and good day.

Virginie

Verified Answer
  • Hello Virginie,

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

All Replies
  • Hello Virginie,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about using Google Analytics for you public-facing website.

Unfortunately, using Google Analytics is unsupported by our team however you may check out the following link which you may find helpful:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/47047/170490.aspx#170490

• Virginie,

You may want to look at this:  Add Performance Reporting to Office 365  

Here is just one of many, many reports.

• Good morning Jason,

There is another software or other (even paying) which do the same thing without adding codes on my SharePoint ?

May be it exists a complementary microsoft software for Analytic Reports for SharePoint on Office 365 ?

Thank you.

Virginie

• Hello Virginie,

There may be alternatives however our team only supports the Site Web Analytics Reports found by following these instructions:

1. Log into your Microsoft Online Portal
    2. Navigate to your public-facing website
    3. After .com, add “/_layouts/usage.aspx”, click enter
    4. Click on the Site Web Analytics Reports link

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Virginie,

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

• good afternoon Jason,

do you have another alternative for reports without adding code ?

Reports offered by SharePoint are not enough for me. Do you know if microsoft is working on it to have more reports ?

Thanks,

• Hello Virginie,

Unfortunately, we do not have an alternative to using the Site Web Analytics Reports at this time. There may be changes to the Site Web Analytics Reports in a future Service Update however we do not have a time frame for this. The alternative is using third-party reports which are unsupported by Microsoft.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Virginie,

• Hello Jason,

Could you please just tell me when you have some news when you will have an update regarding this service.

Thank you.

• We've just released a free SharePoint usage analytics tool that hooks into the reports provided by Microsoft.  Take a look at it here:

http://blog.cogmotive.com/cogmotive-reports-news/free-office-365-sharepoint-online-statistics-report

I'd love to hear what you think.

• Good morning Alan,

thank you for your help.

I have some questions:

- why, sometimes, I have unique visitors but no page views ? (and vice-versa)

- Is it possible to have a graph with the name of the users (most active users ?)

Thank you again.

Regards,

Virginie