No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Shared mailbox sharing user defined fields for contacts

This question is answered This question is answered
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to have collective user defined fields for contacts in a shared mailbox for all users in that distribution list.

For example we have a shared mailbox which everyone in the organization has access to. I've created user defined fields within that contact list for that mailbox, but currently it is only visible to me. Is there anyway for these user defined fields to be shared with everyone else? And could this be a dynamic solution, hence whenever those fields are updated, the changes may be seen with everyone else, thus negating the option of having to constantly export and import contacts.

Thanks,
Michael
Verified Answer
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your update.

I have done some further research about this issue and found that it is still not possible to share user-defined field with Office 365 users in Outlook desktop.

For this "share user-defined field " feature in Office 365, I would sincerely suggest you submitting a feedback at<mymfe.microsoft.com/Microsoft Online Services/Feedback.aspx?formID=210> .

Your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Thanks ,
    Linda Wang

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know, it is not possible to edit user-defined field in Outlook Web App (OWA). So the changes of user-defined field in your Outlook desktop client couldn't be synchronized to Office 365 web app. You can synchronize your contacts's profile, contact, addresses, and other details except user-defined field. Therefore, even though the distribution group has the full access permission for this shared mailbox, the changes to user-defined field cannot be synced to OWA and thus it would not be able to be shared to users in this distribution group.

However, if you have some concern about the "share user-defined field " feature in Office 365, I would suggest you submitting a feedback at<mymfe.microsoft.com/Microsoft Online Services/Feedback.aspx?formID=210> .

If the service is requested frequently, the product team may include it in the future releases.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Hello Linda,

Thanks for the reply but I'm actually using the Outlook client itself, and so are my colleagues. Alas they are also unavailable to view my edited user defined fields within the shared mailbox contacts list as well. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks,

Michael

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for your update.

I have done some further research about this issue and found that it is still not possible to share user-defined field with Office 365 users in Outlook desktop.

For this "share user-defined field " feature in Office 365, I would sincerely suggest you submitting a feedback at<mymfe.microsoft.com/Microsoft Online Services/Feedback.aspx?formID=210> .

Your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Thanks ,
    Linda Wang

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.