No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office Professional Plus Upgrade

This question is answered This question is answered

I have recently upgraded to Office Professional Plus from the P1 version of Office 365 for small businesses.

Therefore I have cancelled the previous account and activated the new one.

I have now downloaded Office Professional 2010 and am now trying to set up my emails in Outlook. Is it possible to use the old domain I previously used with the P1 version of Office 365 or do I need to create a new one. Especially as I have now seemed to lost the abitilty to send emails even though the account are still in

Outlook, as the Office Professional installation merely upgraded my previous version of Office, so all the settings were mainitained.

Also I assume I need to sync Outlook again with Office 365 Professional Plus to be able to access emails when I do not have access to the computer as now when I log in to Office 365, clicking on Outlook reports an error "Your account has been disabled".

Verified Answer
  • Hi Mindy

Think I have finally seemed to have worked it out. It must have been me misunderstanding something

There are all of the office 365 plans P1, E1 & E3. What I thought I was doing was going from P1 to E3 (with Microsoft Office Plus included).

When you look at the Admin screen, there is a tab for pricing and one of the options is Professional Plus. What I didn't realise was that

this is essentially an add on rather than replacement plan. So I have ticked both licences now and it seems to be all working okay again.

I didn't actually realise you could do this which is why I thought I was orginally changing to the E3 plan.

Sorry I have wasted your time. At least I know now. I don't know whether you would know but is there any difference between having the P1 plan

with the Microsoft Office plus add on and the E3 plan (which includes this) i.e. in features as they seem to be similar price.

Many thanks for your help and apologise once again for any confusion etc.

Best Regards

Dave

All Replies
  • Hi Harriergr5,

My understanding of the issue is: You are using Office 365 for Small Business. You purchased and installed Office Professional Plus 2010 recently. Currently, emails cannot be sent from Outlook 2010. Meanwhile, when trying to access Outlook Web App, the error message “Your account has been disabled” is received. If there is any misunderstanding, please do not hesitate to let me know.

At this point, let’s troubleshoot the Outlook Web App issue first. Please perform the following steps:

Check the Exchange Online license for this account
    ===============================
    a. Log on Office 365. Click Admin.
    b. Click Users on the left panel.
    c. Click the user account, click License.
    d. Make sure Exchange Online is checked

Check if the mailbox is listed in Deleted Mailbox
    ===============================
    1. Logon to Microsoft Online Portal (MOP) at https://portal.microsoftonline.com/ using a global administrator account.
    2. Click Admin, click Settings under Outlook.
    3. Click Users & Groups, click Mailboxes.
    3. Click the Deleted Mailboxes Icon (has an X over a mailbox icon).
    4. If the mailbox is listed in the Deleted Mailboxes window, you can select that mailbox and click Recover to restore.

Please post the results here on the forum.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

•  Hi Mindy

Many thanks for your help.

I followed your procedure. I have two users in this section for users, one for the old Office 365 and one for the new Office Professional. I deactivated this and

then reactivated the small business office 365 account which meant I could check the Exchange Online check box. The Office Professional does not have this option. Anyway when I went into the Outlook Settings in the portal, I managed to retrieve the mailbox. Unfortunately when I went to the OWA it still came up with the same error.

I also went to the Outllook in Office 2010 on my computer and although I received emails, these were directly from my email accounts rather than via Office 365.

If I am remember I need to at these email account details when I first started using Office 365 but cannot see these now and am not sure how I added these first time round. Maybe this is the problem.

Obviously I want to migrate over to Office Professional eventually but to get back to before would be good before this.

Best Regards

Dave

• Hi Dave,

After reading your description, I’m not very clear about the status of this issue. I would like to explain that Office Professional Plus is an Office program. It is not an Office 365 plan. For detailed information about Office Professional Plus, you can refer to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/professional-plus/.

To further troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide the following information?

1. The detailed steps about how you upgraded or migrated from the original Office 365 account.
    2. Log in Office 365, click Admin, click Users on the left side. Capture a screenshot of the whole Users page.
    3. Capture screenshots of the user accounts’ license pages.

After obtaining the information above, I will do more research and post the results here. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,
    Mindy Pan

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Mindy

Think I have finally seemed to have worked it out. It must have been me misunderstanding something

There are all of the office 365 plans P1, E1 & E3. What I thought I was doing was going from P1 to E3 (with Microsoft Office Plus included).

When you look at the Admin screen, there is a tab for pricing and one of the options is Professional Plus. What I didn't realise was that

this is essentially an add on rather than replacement plan. So I have ticked both licences now and it seems to be all working okay again.

I didn't actually realise you could do this which is why I thought I was orginally changing to the E3 plan.

Sorry I have wasted your time. At least I know now. I don't know whether you would know but is there any difference between having the P1 plan

with the Microsoft Office plus add on and the E3 plan (which includes this) i.e. in features as they seem to be similar price.

Many thanks for your help and apologise once again for any confusion etc.

Best Regards

Dave

• Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply and updating the status of this issue.

I’m glad to hear that everything is working properly now. It’s my pleasure to work with you.

The Office Professional Plus which is purchased in Office 365 Plan P1 provides the same features of that included in Office 365 Plan E3.

At this point, I would like to share the following website for Office 365 Plan P1 with you. You may find some useful information about Office 365.

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan