setup problem

This question is answered This question is answered

I am new to Office 365.  I used a link for "Set up your computer to work with Microsoft Office 365. Set up now  ".

I quickly received an error saying that I did not meet the requirements for this but according to the standard sheet, I do.  I have Windows 7 Professional and I also have Office 2010.

What can I do.  I love the idea in this and I am trying to possibly set this up for our company but I received an error as soon as I got started.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Rmurray,

This issue may occur if the client computer does not meet the version requirements for one or more desktop applications or for the Windows operating system.

To resolve this issue, install the programs and the Windows operating system that are required for Office 365 Desktop Setup. The minimum system requirements for Office 365 Desktop Setup are as follows:

• The Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

• Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2), or Windows 7

• Microsoft Office 2010 or the Microsoft Office System 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

For most users, resolving this issue is as easy as going to the Microsoft Update website (www.update.microsoft.com) to install all the recommended security and system updates.  

Some users may be part of a larger IT infrastructure that controls which updates are installed on each computer. In this scenario, contact your IT administrator for more information about how to obtain these updates. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Office 365 Desktop Setup cannot download and install updates from Windows Update or from Microsoft Update or you receive a "Your computer is not allowed to connect to the Microsoft Update service" error message

support.microsoft.com/.../2392274

For more information, you may view the article below:

support.microsoft.com/.../2159137

How are thing going? Is the problem resolved?

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Hi Rmurray,

To fix the issue, please log on Windows Update website to obtain the latest updates for .NET Framework. If the issue persists after checking the Windows Update, let’s refer information below to reinstall .NET Framework to fix our issue.

Manually downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

=======================================================

Please note: The size of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a little big. Your patience to download the update is much appreciated.

1. Click the following link:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

download.microsoft.com/.../dotnetfx35.exe

2. When the file download window appears, please click "Save", and follow the directions to save it on the Desktop. After downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 setup file on your Desktop, double-click to install it manually.

If we still receive the same error, please capture a screenshot of the detail error and post it on the forum.

Thanks,

Monica Tong

All Replies
  • Hi Rmurray,

This issue may occur if the client computer does not meet the version requirements for one or more desktop applications or for the Windows operating system.

To resolve this issue, install the programs and the Windows operating system that are required for Office 365 Desktop Setup. The minimum system requirements for Office 365 Desktop Setup are as follows:

• The Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

• Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2), or Windows 7

• Microsoft Office 2010 or the Microsoft Office System 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

For most users, resolving this issue is as easy as going to the Microsoft Update website (www.update.microsoft.com) to install all the recommended security and system updates.  

Some users may be part of a larger IT infrastructure that controls which updates are installed on each computer. In this scenario, contact your IT administrator for more information about how to obtain these updates. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Office 365 Desktop Setup cannot download and install updates from Windows Update or from Microsoft Update or you receive a "Your computer is not allowed to connect to the Microsoft Update service" error message

support.microsoft.com/.../2392274

For more information, you may view the article below:

support.microsoft.com/.../2159137

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Hi Rmurray,

Does the reply above answer your question?

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• But that is the reason I asked for help.  I do have windows 7 pro and I also have office 2010.  This should meet the requirements.

Thanks for the speedy reply.  Hopefully we can fix this.

• Hi Rmurray,

To fix the issue, please log on Windows Update website to obtain the latest updates for .NET Framework. If the issue persists after checking the Windows Update, let’s refer information below to reinstall .NET Framework to fix our issue.

Manually downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

=======================================================

Please note: The size of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a little big. Your patience to download the update is much appreciated.

1. Click the following link:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

download.microsoft.com/.../dotnetfx35.exe

2. When the file download window appears, please click "Save", and follow the directions to save it on the Desktop. After downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 setup file on your Desktop, double-click to install it manually.

If we still receive the same error, please capture a screenshot of the detail error and post it on the forum.

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Hi Rmurray,

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Sorry it has taken so long to get back on this.  I was on vacation.

No, it did not help.  

I still have the exact same problem.