Add domain names to Office 365

This question is answered This question is answered

I have have three websites, and have completed the transition up to stage 7.

My MelbourneIT accounts indicate my domain names are Published, see details from their site below

My 365 websites indicates the transfered domain names but I need to veryfy them.

I have tried to verify my domain with message DNS record could not be found

I have tried to create a TXT record at MelbourneIT but it will not accept the input information set out in your Admin Guide, Verify Domain. 

Please let me know the way to proceed, I need to sort verification prior to transfer of my emails before the 30th April deadline.   

Info from MelbourneIT site .

Hostname

Address

TTL (sec)

Status

pianola-rolls.com.

ns1.secure.net.

Published

pianola-rolls.com.

ns2.secure.net.

Published

Verified Answer
  • Hi aeolian6588,

I understand you have an issue verifying your domain. Is your domain pianloa-rolls.com?

I have checked your domain and found there is a TXT record. Can you try to verify again? Please following capture showed.

For the detailed steps of how to add a record to Melbourne IT, you can refer to this video after 8:40.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWTwOQ2F5o&feature=youtu.be

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Bradford,

Can you follow the suggestion above?

If you issue still persists, I suggest you to post a new thread with your detailed steps which have done. This is so your question will be answered quickly.

Hi aeolian6588

I understand you have added the TXT record. However your domain still couldn’t be verified.

You can refer to this video after 10:00 on adding a record.

If this issue still persists, you can add two TXT records and try to verify again. One TXT record is with a trailing period (“.”) at the end of the address. And the other one is not added the period.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

All Replies
  • Hi aeolian6588,

I understand you have an issue verifying your domain. Is your domain pianloa-rolls.com?

I have checked your domain and found there is a TXT record. Can you try to verify again? Please following capture showed.

For the detailed steps of how to add a record to Melbourne IT, you can refer to this video after 8:40.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWTwOQ2F5o&feature=youtu.be

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• I have the same problem with Melbourne IT. For five days. They have failed to respond to support requests. I have called each day but they seem to have only an offshore call centre with no technical staff.

I have put the Office 365 txt record but MS verification does not work. With other domains/accounts it has worked fine. On Melbourne I am also unable to change the name servers. Very frustrating after five days with no resolution.

• Hello, I have tried again this morning to verify

Message received

We couldn't verify pianola-rolls.com. Make sure that the verification DNS record that you created at your domain registrar is correct, and that you've waited at least 72 hours after you added the record.

I set up TXT record on the 26th April

If you have checked and found that there are TXT records present, why am I having problems with verification?

I have transfer three separate business websites from OLSB to Office 365, all are now on stop, now emails coming in therefore no business or income. This is a turning out to be a disaster.

I need urgently to transfer my domain names and recover my emails on the three sites before I lose my data on 30th April

Edward Baylis

• Ed,

This has been happening a lot to non-US customers!

To fix it follow this --> community.office365.com/.../175951.aspx

• Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Bradford,

Can you follow the suggestion above?

If you issue still persists, I suggest you to post a new thread with your detailed steps which have done. This is so your question will be answered quickly.

Hi aeolian6588

I understand you have added the TXT record. However your domain still couldn’t be verified.

You can refer to this video after 10:00 on adding a record.

If this issue still persists, you can add two TXT records and try to verify again. One TXT record is with a trailing period (“.”) at the end of the address. And the other one is not added the period.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Hi aeolian6588,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang