ActiveAdded Dmain

This question is answered This question is answered
I have added/verified my Melbourne IT IP address to office 365.  How do I change it from VERFIED to ACTIVE???
Verified Answer
  • Hello Peter,

Thanks for the information Ken provided first.

Do you mean that the added custom domain still show as “Verified”, instead of “Active” after verifying the custom domain?

If so, the status of the custom domain verified with Office 365 is Verified and cannot change to Active.
    Regarding the domain tags:
    Active: The initial onmicrosoft.com domain that is created when you open your account has this status.
    Verified: The domain has been successfully added and Office 365 has verified that you own it.
    For detailed information about domain status:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549195.aspx

Best regards,
    Claud

All Replies
  • It will always show status as Verified.  I think it is a bug in their system BUT you do need to set it as the default Domain Name.

See --> Change default address to custom Domain Name  

Even after performing that Your domain name will still show Verify

• Hello Peter,

Thanks for the information Ken provided first.

Do you mean that the added custom domain still show as “Verified”, instead of “Active” after verifying the custom domain?

If so, the status of the custom domain verified with Office 365 is Verified and cannot change to Active.
    Regarding the domain tags:
    Active: The initial onmicrosoft.com domain that is created when you open your account has this status.
    Verified: The domain has been successfully added and Office 365 has verified that you own it.
    For detailed information about domain status:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549195.aspx

Best regards,
    Claud

• Hello Peter,

Is the information above useful?
    In addition, do you need other assistance about using Office 365?

Best regards,
    Claud