No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

As I can do a redirect my domain to another??

This question is answered This question is answered
I need to redirect the current domain I have here in Office to another in the same company as I do this? Thanks
Verified Answer
  • Hi JavierLoseta,

Can you describe this issue in more details? Do you mean you'd like to add your current domain which is using in an Office 365 subscription to another subscription, or do you want to remove your domain from the current Office 365 account and add it in another subscription?

If you'd like to add your current domain which is using in Office 365 to another Office 365 subscription, unfortunately, we would not be able to do so. We can add one domain in only one Office 365 subscription to avoid conflicts.

If you'd like to remove your current domain from an Office 365 subscription and add it at another subscription, it's ok to do so. To do this, we should firstly remove our domain from the current Office 365 subscription, then we may need to redelegate our domain's name server at Our domain registrar, and then we can add our domain to the new Office 365 subscription.

For more references, please refer to the following page:
    Domains in Office 365

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

All Replies
  • Hi JavierLoseta,

Can you describe this issue in more details? Do you mean you'd like to add your current domain which is using in an Office 365 subscription to another subscription, or do you want to remove your domain from the current Office 365 account and add it in another subscription?

If you'd like to add your current domain which is using in Office 365 to another Office 365 subscription, unfortunately, we would not be able to do so. We can add one domain in only one Office 365 subscription to avoid conflicts.

If you'd like to remove your current domain from an Office 365 subscription and add it at another subscription, it's ok to do so. To do this, we should firstly remove our domain from the current Office 365 subscription, then we may need to redelegate our domain's name server at Our domain registrar, and then we can add our domain to the new Office 365 subscription.

For more references, please refer to the following page:
    Domains in Office 365

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi JavierLoseta,

How are things going on your side? In addition, do you need any further assistance?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• I need:  carlosriblesbts.com/ redirects to→ carlosroblesbathtilestone.com

• Hi JavierLoseta,
    Thanks for your update.

I understand you have added both your <carlosroblesbts.com> and <carlosroblesbathtilestone.com> domain to Office 365, and use <carlosroblesbathtilestone.com> as your sharePoint website address. If I got misunderstood, please let me know.

Checking with NSlookup command tool, I can find both these domains’ name servers are pointed to Office 365. As a result, Office 365 hosts your domains. You can use both your domains at Office 365, but here is a limitation, that you can use only one domain as your SharePoint website address, and you would not be able to point your <carlosroblesbts.com>directly to <carlosroblesbathtilestone.com> with the host of Office 365.

If you still need to do so, as a possible workaround, you may redelegate your <carlosroblesbts.com>domain at your domain registrar, so that your domain registrar can host this domain for you, then you may be able to use the URL redirect service provided by your domain registrar to point your <carlosroblesbts.com>to <carlosroblesbathtilestone.com>.

Please refer to the following steps:
    1). Redelegate your <carlosroblesbts.com>domain at your domain registrar.
    If you can't do this by yourself, you may contact your domain registrar for help.
    This changes may takes up a few moments, please wait until the changes takes effect.

2). Add the required DNS records for Office 365 at your domain registrar.
    To do this, please refer to Add your domain to Office 365 without redirecting your name server records to Office 365.

3). Contact your domain registrar for the help of URL redirection.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi JavierLoseta,

Any updates on this issue? Did my above information help you?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang