No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Creating a new user in Sharepoint 2010

This question is answered This question is answered

I am unable to create a new user in sharepoint.

Site Actions>sitesettings>People & groups>new

At this point, I get a box called "grant permissions"

There is nowhere that I can "create" a new user.

Can anyone help?

Verified Answer
  • Hello Freddy99,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about setting up permissions and new users.

If you would like to add new users to groups using the people and groups, when the grant permissions prompt appears you manually select users for the group by typing the username in and click the person with a check mark icon to make sure the name resolves or click the book to choose multiple users, finally click OK. If you want to change the group, look to the far left Groups and choose a group.

You may also click site permissions instead of people and groups, you may then select a group and add users to that group.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello Freddy99,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about setting up permissions and new users.

If you would like to add new users to groups using the people and groups, when the grant permissions prompt appears you manually select users for the group by typing the username in and click the person with a check mark icon to make sure the name resolves or click the book to choose multiple users, finally click OK. If you want to change the group, look to the far left Groups and choose a group.

You may also click site permissions instead of people and groups, you may then select a group and add users to that group.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Freddy,

In order to add a new user you first need to go into your admin screen in the Office 365 portal and click users under management.

Once a user is in the system then you can go into SharePoint and grant them permission.

-Courtney

• Hello Freddy99,

Did you find Courtney’s information helpful?

Did you have any further questions?