No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Style choices in black/white?

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi, why does my Style choices show in black/white?

I am sure I did something, but what?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Ole Steen,

This is Jonis from Microsoft SharePoint Online Support.

From the screen shot that you provided, it looks like you adjusted your color scheme of your public-facing website.  On my public-facing website, I went through the predesigned color schemes, but could not find a predesigned color scheme that exactly matched your current website.  My assumption is that you created a custom color scheme for you website.  The following link is to an article that details how-to Modify the color Scheme of a public-facing website.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

All Replies
  • Hi Ole Steen,

From the screen shot that you provided, it looks like you adjusted your color scheme of your public-facing website.  On my public-facing website, I went through the predesigned color schemes, but could not find a predesigned color scheme that exactly matched your current website.  My assumption is that you created a custom color scheme for you website.  The following link is to an article that details how-to Modify the color Scheme of a public-facing website.

If that does not answer your question please let me know as I will continue to monitor this thread for a few days and will reply to any additional posts or questions.

• Hi Jonis

Yes I did change my color scheme, but my problem is that the choices in the “Style” dropdown has not only changed color but also choices.

I would like the header to have the same width as the rest, and I found a solution where you have to do the following: Theme – no image, Style- 3. Up from bottom, Text- remove, Size- full.

But since my Style dropdown has changed I can’t make these changes (Please see screen print above, looks like the choices from previous version)

Ole Steen

• Hi Ole Steen,

In order to get your default SharePoint Online public website styles back, you will first need to select the Color Scheme wheel and change your scheme back to one of the built-in Color Schemes.  If a certain style is critical to your web page, I would recommend that you test the possible solution listed above.