Cant Verify my domain via melbourne it, constanstly getting error message unable to verify

This question is answered This question is answered

I am getting the same error as in this post  http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/175/p/42934/147003.aspx   i am stumped as what i need to do to fix this problem

We could not retrieve the resource records.
No Active DNS Hosting found for the given domainname and My Account

Can someone please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Saldibs,

Thanks for your post. Do you mean you have the problem about adding TXT record? If so, you need to change the nameserver record on Melbourne IT. The original information of nameserver record in the notification email.

There is a video about the OLSB domain verification community.office365.com/.../office-live-small-business-transition.aspx. If it's possible, you can tell us which steps you are stumping at.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi ,

Thanks for trying to help, I have followed all the steps in the video, but when I try to add a text record I get an error message and I get this message  "We could not retrieve the resource records.

No Active DNS Hosting found for the given domainname and My Account" At the top of the page directly under Edit DNS Record. I am stuck at this point. Maybe the info that follows will be of some help.

Domain Name elitetileco.com

Registry Key Retrieve

Status Registered

Registration Date Wed Mar 14 06:36:49 GMT+10:00 2007

Expiry Date Thu Mar 14 06:36:49 GMT+10:00 2013

Lock Status Locked

Private Registration Enable Private Registration

Lock/Unlock Domain

Renew Domain

Enable Private Registration

View Domain Password (AuthInfo) [ Unlock ]

View Domain Password (AuthInfo) [ Unlock ]

Cancel Domain [ Unlock ]

Change Domain Owner [ Unlock ]

DNS

You currently have DNS enabled.

Name Server 1ns1.officelive.com

Name Server 2ns2.officelive.com

Change Name Servers [Use DNS Mgt Name Servers | Cancel DNS]

DNS StatusActivated [Manage DNS]

Manage Host Records (A and CName Records)

Manage Mail (MX Records)

Related Services

This domain is linked to the following service:

DNS Management

• Your nameserver address is incorrect. [Use DNS Mgt Name Servers | [Use DNS Mgt Name Servers | Cancel DNS]
    ]

• Thanks, I guess I need to wait as I get an indication of "Cancellation in Progress". I will update as soon as I am able to try the TXT record again.

• I tried again, But I am still not having any luck. I clicked cancel DNS and there was an indication of "Canceling DNS" up until a few Minutes ago. I just checked again and It still shows DNS As activated. I tried the test Record again and got this error message. "No Active DNS Hosting found for the given domainname and My Account."  This is very frustrating, I will try the "Cancel DNS" again. If you have any suggestion I would very much appreciate them.

• Do I need to  cancel DNS Management. This is what is on the Manage Services page at Melbourne IT

Manage Services

Service Details

View DNS Management

Service Description DNS Management

Status Active

• Hi Saldibs,

You can switch the NS record from

Name Server 1ns1.officelive.com ->ns1.secure.net

Name Server 2ns2.officelive.com ->ns2.secure.net

then, add the TXT and MX record

• I would love to do that, the problem is i don't know how. could you please give me a few more details on how to accomplish this. What is the "HOSTNAME"  what is the "ADDRESS". Is ns1.secure.net the host or the address. I am not familiar with any of these terms. Thanks for your help.

• Hi Saldibs,

You are welcome. I'm willing to help.  For the information you provided,
    ==================

Change Name Servers [Use DNS Mgt Name Servers | Cancel DNS]
    ====================
    can you click on "change name servers" ?  I also find this on M.I.T website , you can take a look the detail below:
    1. Login to your My Account by clicking on the Login link at the
      top right of the website, and entering your username and password. The My
      Account Console will be displayed
    2. Click Manage Domain Names under the Manage Domain Names section of
      the Console
      The Manage Domain Names page will be displayed with the list of
      domain names under your My Account.
    3. Click the domain name. The Domain Management page will be displayed.
    4. In the Name Server section of the page, click Change nameservers
    5. On the Delegation page, enter the details of the new name servers for your
      domain name and click Continue
    6. A confirmation message will appear with the details of the updated
      delegation.

If still no luck, you can contact their support at https://www.melbourneit.com.au/contacts/support.php?action=fillinmail&subject=Maintaining+Domain+Names&areaid=33

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• I have pasted some  copies of what appears on some of the pages at Melbourne IT could you please look it over and tell me what I need to do. I am getting very frustrate with this whole process, no matter what I do nothing seems to change. I am grateful for you help.

((( I have tried to cancel the DNS manegment, I have clicked on the "Yes, I am sure"))

Cancelling your DNS management may disrupt your web and email services. Cancellation requests take up to 24 hours to be processed.

Are you sure you want to cancel DNS Management for elitetileco.com?

(((This is what Appears on the "Update DNS " page)))

Manage elitetileco.com

Edit DNS records

We could not retrieve the resource records.
    No Active DNS Hosting found for the given domainname and My Account

Modifying DNS allows you control your domain name at a very detailed level. Learn More 

Please note that any changes made here could disrupt your web and email services.

A, CNAME, AAAA RecordsHide Details

Modify your A, CNAME and AAAA records to send some domain traffic to a specific server. Learn More 

HOSTNAME POINTS TO TTL (SEC) TYPE STATUS
          300       1800       3600       43200       86400       604800         A       CNAME       AAAA  
    MX RecordsHide Details

Modify your MX records to change the mail servers used by your domain. Learn More 

HOSTNAME ADDRESS TTL (SEC) PRIORITY STATUS
          300       1800       3600       43200       86400       604800  
    TXT RecordsHide Details

Modify your TXT records to add free text like SPF records to a hostname. Learn More 

HOSTNAME TXT VALUE TTL (SEC) STATUS
    Name ServersHide Details

Use Name Server records to specify the location of your website and email. Learn More 

HOSTNAME ADDRESS TTL (SEC) STATUS

((((I have tried to cancel DNS Manegment with no luck))))

Overview

Registry Key Retrieve
    Status Registered
    Registration Date Wed Mar 14 06:36:49 GMT+10:00 2007
    Expiry Date Thu Mar 14 06:36:49 GMT+10:00 2013
    Lock Status  Locked
    Private Registration Enable Private Registration

DNS

DNS StatusActivated [Manage DNS]

Related Services

This domain is linked to the following service:

(((This is what appears on My AccountConsole Page Console)))

Manage Domain Names

Manage Services

Order Summary

(((  I am assuming this order below is for the cancel DNS)))

Order Summary

...with selected order(s)
    View
    Complete Selected Order
      Show All Show Completed Show In Progress Show Abandoned  Show rows:  10 25 50 100 1-1 of 1 |  |  
    Order ID Date Created Status
    2176336 12 Apr 2012 02:51 In Progress [Payment Approved, Pending Provisioning]

(((this is what appears on the Manage services page)))

Cancel selected service >> 
    ...with selected service(s)
    View
    Cancel
      Show All In Progress Active Cancelled  Show rows:  10 25 50 100 1-1 of 1 |  |  
    Service Description Domain Name Status
    DNS Management elitetileco.com Active
    ((if I select the "Cancel" radio Button and check "DNS Manegment"  and click "Go" the following Warning appears)) I have deleted my name and email address (((should I click proceed???))

WARNING!

The following service will be cancelled if you proceed: DNS Management

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE PROCEEDING

• The above service will cease to function upon completion of your cancellation request. There may be additional services not listed above which in turn may not function as normal upon completion of your cancellation request.
    • If you have any questions before proceeding, you may contact us to discuss. However, please note that cancellations may only be submitted by clicking the proceed button below.
    • The request for cancellation may not be effective instantly. After submitting the cancellation, you may check the progress of your request by logging into your My Account.
    • Please ensure that you have taken a copy of any personal data you may have on our servers before cancelling the relevant service, this can include saving a copy of emails or web content from your hosting service. Once a plan has been actively deleted we can no longer retrieve this information for you.
    • Refunds may be applicable. For more information, please see http://www.melbourneit.com.au/policies.

If you are absolutely certain that you wish to cancel this service, please complete and submit the form below.

Cancellation Request for DNS Management

*First Name
    *Last Name
    *Country  - Please Select -  Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Banglasdesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, Democratic Republic Cook Islands Costa Rica Cote Divoire Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic East Timor Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard / McDonald Isl. Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Dem. Peoples Republic Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao Peoples Dem. Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestine, Occupied Territory Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevia Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent / Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic Thailand Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America Unites States, Outlying Isl. Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela Vietnam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
    *Telephone No
    *Email Address
    *Reason For Cancelling  - Please Select -  Business has ceased operations Disagree with terms and conditions Registered wrong domain name Service does not meet my requirements Service is too expensive Service is not being used Switching to another service provider Trademark infringement Unsatisfied with billing support Unsatisfied with service performance Unsatisfied with technical support Other
    Other
    *I have read & understood the above warning and wish to proceed with the cancellation

Return to Manage Services.

(((should I click proceed???))

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Saldibs,

Slow down, watch and follow this:  Move your OLSB Domain Name to Office 365 ,

Take a close look at step/area 24, your TXT record is not being published.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Here's how it works:

Your domain must be hosted by Melbourne to add a txt record. So if you canceled dns reactivate it and park the domain.

Once the Melbourne nameservers show up, add the txt record.

Verification should only take a minute.

Then cancel dns and change nameservers to 365's.

You may have to restart the process in 365 to get the right screens. 

The web site and email should be working within 30 minutes in my experience.

•  

As far as I can tell DNS is ative, even though i have trie to cancel it more than once, when I try to add a TXT record I get the following Error Message "Error: No active DNS Hosting found for the given domainname and MY Account" as is showen below. This is where i am stuck and the issue that I have been tring to resolve all this time. I need more detailed instructions on how to resolve this issue. Is there a number I can call or someone who can contact me. This has been very frustrating and time consuming. The answers that I have been getting are not helping me and are very general in nature   "Your domain must be hosted by Melbourne to add a txt record. So if you canceled dns reactivate it and park the domain" there si no option to re-deligate the name server.

TXT Records

Modify your TXT records to add free text like SPF records to a hostname. Learn More 

HOSTNAME TXT VALUE TTL (SEC) STATUS

Error: - No Active DNS Hosting found for the given domainname and My Account.

Name ServersHide Details

Use Name Server records to specify the location of your website and email. Learn More 

HOSTNAME ADDRESS TTL (SEC) STATUS

• even though i have trie to cancel it more than once,

Why would you cancel it? That's most likely the problem. If you cancel dns, Melbourne is no longer hosting your domain so you can't add any records. Don't redelegate, don't cancel. Make sure the domain is parked at MIT. Once you do that, it's a simple process. And contact Melbourne if you're having problems  - it's their service not MSFT's.,

• Hi Saldibs,

I'd like you can take a look the video about domain transfer.community.office365.com/.../office-live-small-business-transition.aspx   (focus on 7:02 - 7:30).  It's the detail steps about how to change the NS record from ns1.officelive.com to ns1.secure.net .

If you still not luck, you can take a look at  private message with a subject of "Submit a service request". Please check it on the community side. You can reply by using the form in that private message.

Thanks, Neo Zhu