No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Can not sign in to Lync becuase this sign in address was not found.

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

I have added my original domain abc.com to Office 365 and have configured all the DNS records (SRV and CNAME) by registrar. Office 365 have verfified all Lync online records as successfully updated. Now i have a strange situaion, I am able to login Lync online from some users with same domain but for some users I have subjected error. I have not configured any SSO yet. I want to use shahid@abc.com (user created at office 365 and has nothing to do with user at AD) for Lync online while logging in on my mahcine as shahid@abc.com (user in AD). Please clear me if there is any conflict with local domain while executing this scenario. Note: I am able to login by all created users in abc.com (cloud) from my LYNC client on iPhone so there should not be any issue with credentials or account activations. 

Regards, Shahid 

Verified Answer
  • Hi Shahid,

I understand that some users received the error message “Cannot sign in to Lync. Because this sign in address was not found” when signing in Lync client. You have added the domain abc.com to Office 365 and configured all the DNS records. The Lync Online records are successfully verified in Office 365. Some users log on the Lync Client properly.

Shahid, the issue may occur if the license wasn’t assigned to this user properly. You can remove the Lync Online license and add the Lync Online license to the user again to check the issue. 

If the issue persists, this issue also occurs if the Lync Online servers do not recognize the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address that the user entered. This can occur for several reasons, and this includes user error. One of the common reasons is because the user's SIP address does not match the user's user principal name (UPN) or user name. This mismatch is caused by editing the user in a specific manner. For more information and for steps about how to resolve this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

2537764 How to change a user's Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address in Lync Online for Office 365
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2537764

For the detailed information, you can refer the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2541980

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

All Replies
  • Hi Shahid,

I understand that some users received the error message “Cannot sign in to Lync. Because this sign in address was not found” when signing in Lync client. You have added the domain abc.com to Office 365 and configured all the DNS records. The Lync Online records are successfully verified in Office 365. Some users log on the Lync Client properly.

Shahid, the issue may occur if the license wasn’t assigned to this user properly. You can remove the Lync Online license and add the Lync Online license to the user again to check the issue. 

If the issue persists, this issue also occurs if the Lync Online servers do not recognize the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address that the user entered. This can occur for several reasons, and this includes user error. One of the common reasons is because the user's SIP address does not match the user's user principal name (UPN) or user name. This mismatch is caused by editing the user in a specific manner. For more information and for steps about how to resolve this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

2537764 How to change a user's Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address in Lync Online for Office 365
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2537764

For the detailed information, you can refer the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2541980

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Monica,

Thank you for your reply,  well as per my original post I am able to sign in by same user shahid@abc.com on my Iphone LYNC but unable to sign in that user from my mahcine. At the same time I am able to sign in from LYNC on my machine with another user shahidma@abc.com but if I create Shahidm@abc.com with same settings it does not and give the sunjected error. Keep in mind that I have not implemented SSO and trying to use lync from my domain which is abc.com itself.  

Regards, Shahid

• Hi Shahid,

Have you tried to re-assign the license of Lync Online to troubleshot the issue as Monica suggested? If not, please try it. Meanwhile, please also refer to the articles provided by Monica to check if there is any help. If the issue persists, please help to capture a screenshot of the error message you received and post it on the forum.

Thanks,
    Josephine Meng

• Hi Shahid,

I understand that you could log in Lync via iPhone. In addition, you could log on other user from the Lync Client on this computer. Shahid, to narrow down the issue, I would appreciate if you can capture a screenshot of the error message received when logging on the Lync client by using the previous address.

In addition, if you have performed the steps provided previously to remove and assign Lync Online license again for troubleshooting purpose, how are things going?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong