No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Cannot Install Lync Client

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi all,

We have a bunch of Windows 7 x64 machines that we cannot instal Lync on, teh error is:

'Copying setup files to the local drive failed

check log for details'

Except there are no logs to check - where do we go from here? Has anybody else had this?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Large-coffee,

I would like to confirm if you have tried to install Lync manually from Office 365 Portal--Admin page under Downloads instead of running it from the download link directly?

Based on the current situation, I would suggest you troubleshoot this issue by performing a clean boot in Windows 7.

You may perform a clean boot by referring to the steps in the link below and see if Lync could be installed or not.

support.microsoft.com/.../929135

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

All Replies
  • Hi,

I would suggest you to install Lync Using the Following URL:

For x32 bit Operating System:

http://c2r.microsoft.com/oconline/en-us/7577.280/x86/en-US/LyncSetup.exe
    For x64 bit Operating System:

http://c2r.microsoft.com/oconline/en-us/7577.280/x64/en-US/LyncSetup.exe

Uninstall the Lync Online and Reinstall it using this URL according to the Operating System( 32 bit or 64 bit)

In Download window, please choose Save and save it on the computer

Double click the downloaded package to install.

Thanks and Regards,

Surya Begum.

• Hi Surya - those are the download links that we used, it did not solve the problem.

• Hi Large-coffee,

I would like to confirm if you have tried to install Lync manually from Office 365 Portal--Admin page under Downloads instead of running it from the download link directly?

Based on the current situation, I would suggest you troubleshoot this issue by performing a clean boot in Windows 7.

You may perform a clean boot by referring to the steps in the link below and see if Lync could be installed or not.

support.microsoft.com/.../929135

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Large-coffee,

We have not heard from you in a couple of days.

Please post back at your convenience if we can help further.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hello ,

I just got the same error message today on one of my computers , the installation package worked on all computers expected this one (windows 7 x64).

So I tried to log in with another windows account and I was able to install it successfully.