No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Presences problem in Lync

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi All

I have a problem with my presences in Lync.

In Outlook I always make appointments in my calendar if I have something I need to do. Like cleaning up my mailbox, write an offer or something like that.

But in Lync my presence will turn in to "in a meeting" status when doing so. That sucks because I am actually free for questions.

Is there a workaround? I don’t want to use "tasks"

Regards Christian R

Verified Answer
  • Hello Christian,

Lync Online client will automatically update your Lync  presence status with your outlook client. However, you can manual cancel this action. To do this you can see the picture below :

By doing this,  Lync client presence status will same as your manual setting. If you have any questions, please free feel to let us know.

Best Regards
    Neo Zhu
All Replies
  • Hello Christian,

Lync Online client will automatically update your Lync  presence status with your outlook client. However, you can manual cancel this action. To do this you can see the picture below :

By doing this,  Lync client presence status will same as your manual setting. If you have any questions, please free feel to let us know.

Best Regards
    Neo Zhu
  • Hello Christian,

How are you? I just want to ensure you didn't encounter any trouble during the troubleshooting. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Neo Zhu

• It looks like you're trying to use the calendar as a Task list. I would recommend using the task list for your tasks and marking due dates. If you want to block time for the task, then put it in the calendar. After all, you are trying to designate that time slot to do the task right?