No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

The user name, password or domain appears to be incorrect. Ensure that you entered them correctly. If the problem continues, please contact your support team.

This question is answered This question is answered
I have the same error message, but this is the deal. I can logon on my computer at my primary workstation just fine, but when I try to logon on a newly installed Windows XP computer I receive the error message.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

The issue can occur if Office 365 Desktop didn’t set up properly.

To fix the issue, I suggest running Office 365 desktop setup.

To run Office 365 desktop setup, on the Office 365 portal, on the Admin page, under Resources in the right pane, click Downloads. Once at the Downloads page, under Set up and configure your Office desktop apps, click Set up.

After setting up it, please sign in the computer with your Office 365 account again.

If it still fails to sign in, you can manually configure Lync 2010 for those users. You can do this by modifying the following Office Communicator registry settings for each provisioned user under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared\UcClient:
    • Set ServerSipUri to a string value of the user’s SIP proxy address
    • Set ConfigurationMode to a dword value of 0
    • Delete the ServerAddressInternal string
    • Delete the ServerAddressExternal string
    • Delete the ServerUserName string

After finishing it, please restart the computer and sign in Lync Client again.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello,

I'm seeing this in the Lync forums -- is this happening only when you're attempting to log on to Lync, or is this happening even when you attempt to access the O365 Portal Page from the XP box, as well?

• Hi,

The issue can occur if Office 365 Desktop didn’t set up properly.

To fix the issue, I suggest running Office 365 desktop setup.

To run Office 365 desktop setup, on the Office 365 portal, on the Admin page, under Resources in the right pane, click Downloads. Once at the Downloads page, under Set up and configure your Office desktop apps, click Set up.

After setting up it, please sign in the computer with your Office 365 account again.

If it still fails to sign in, you can manually configure Lync 2010 for those users. You can do this by modifying the following Office Communicator registry settings for each provisioned user under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared\UcClient:
    • Set ServerSipUri to a string value of the user’s SIP proxy address
    • Set ConfigurationMode to a dword value of 0
    • Delete the ServerAddressInternal string
    • Delete the ServerAddressExternal string
    • Delete the ServerUserName string

After finishing it, please restart the computer and sign in Lync Client again.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi,

Does the reply above answer your question?

Thanks,

Monica Tong