No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync 2010 iPad app

This question is answered This question is answered

Can anyone advise how to get this to connect to my Lync Online service? There's not much by way of intuitive user help in the app.

Thanks

Cloudy

Verified Answer
  • Hi Cloudy,

How is everything going? Is there any update on the status of the issue?
    Thanks,
    Grace Shi

All Replies
  • What is the exact issue you're facing? The login process is very easy... just enter your username (e-mail) and password and that's it.

If you get any errors let us know what those are.

• Try this link for manual steps:

www.amintavakoli.com/.../manually-configure-lync-app-for-ipad.html

Thanks

• Thanks Robert. I'll go give this a go

Cloudy

• Hi Chris,

tried this but by adding the actual user name (in the more details section) that logged the user in. but this user does NOT have an Office 365 mailbox so probably does NOT appear in any addressbook, consequently they can't see any other user in order to converse with them. Still, it's all part of the learning curve.

thanks for the reply.

Cloudy

• Hi Cloudy,

How is everything going? Is there any update on the status of the issue?
    Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Grace,

I've managed to get an IM conversation going with a Lync Online user. I think the next iteration needs to have video and audio conferencing. Seeing as Skype is an MS product now I'm somewhat surprised this isn't inbuilt. But let's see what the next version brings.

Thanks for your help.

Cloudy

• Hi Cloudy,

We appreciated your feedback. As you have known, the feature of video and audio meeting is not supported in this version of Lync Online as you know. Therefore, it is highly appreciated to submit feedback about your requirement, which will help us improve our products for better.
    In addition, here is an article about how to use Lync Mobile on Apple iPhone and iPad mobile devices for your reference:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2636320

If you have any other questions when using Office365, please feel free to post in the forum. We will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Thanks again Grace. Much appreciated.

Cloudy

• Hi Cloudy,

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have any other questions when using Office 365, please feel free to post in the forum. We will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• The links for a manual setup worked perfectly!

Thanks,

Bryce

• I have used this but still receive same error message