No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

DirSync no longer works

This question is answered This question is answered

After we set up the directory synchronisation is worked, now it no longer does. When I manually initiate a sync with Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync I get an error message in the event log:

• source: MIIServer
  • event ID: 6000
  • description: The management agent "SourceAD" failed to run because the credentials were invalid. Verify the credentials and configuration for the management agent.

When I run the Directory Sync Configuration Wizard, I get the error message "the enterprise administrator credentials that you supplied are not valid." even though I am positive that user name and password are correct (please note that a wrong pasdword would give a different error message) and that the user in question is a member of the enterprise admins group.

Verified Answer
  • For some reason, DirSync is not being able to connect / login into the Domain Controller. If that connection is not possible, then both ConfigWizard or SourceAD manangement agent will fail.

To help isolate the problem here are my suggestions:

1. Verify that DirSync machine can ping the Domain Controller.

2. Verify that you can access/browse the AD from the DirSync machine using the same credentials. You could use some tool as LDP or ADExplorer to do that.

3. Try re running ConfigWizard using another type of account. For instance Domain Admin if possible.

4. Check proxy settings, network connectivity from the DirSync machine.

Please let us know if you still have this issue.

All Replies
  • Hello

After you have verifed you can log into something with your enterprise credentials you can manage them from the tool.

SourceAD is the agent which imports objects from the on-premise AD

If you open C:\Program Files\Microsoft Online Directory Sync\miisclient.exe ->Click the management agents button -> Select SourceAD Properties then Configure - you should have a menu to re-enter your credentials.

Thanks

Steven

• For some reason, DirSync is not being able to connect / login into the Domain Controller. If that connection is not possible, then both ConfigWizard or SourceAD manangement agent will fail.

To help isolate the problem here are my suggestions:

1. Verify that DirSync machine can ping the Domain Controller.

2. Verify that you can access/browse the AD from the DirSync machine using the same credentials. You could use some tool as LDP or ADExplorer to do that.

3. Try re running ConfigWizard using another type of account. For instance Domain Admin if possible.

4. Check proxy settings, network connectivity from the DirSync machine.

Please let us know if you still have this issue.

• Thanks everybody for your suggestions. In the end it turned out to be a problem with the local AD that caused DirSync to fail.