No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook 2011 for mac continuously downloading attachments

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I have been using Office 365 email with Outlook 2011 on my mac air and recently it seems to be stuck in a loop.  Outlook is constantly flickering between This folder is up to date and All folders are up to date.  When I open the progress pane it looks like it's trying to download 0/1 attachments from 3 or 4 different emails but nothing happens they just appear and disappear almost instantly.  All of these attachments can be viewed when I open the emails they are attached to and they have be saved locally on my computer.  It's annoying when attached to Wi-Fi but I often have need to tether to my phone and work out of the office and this constant initializing of a download will be a real problem then.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Morgan

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Morgan,

Based on current situation, I’d like to suggest you sign in to OWA (Outlook Web App) to check if these emails with attachments are still marked as unread.

Moreover, have you ever tried to restart the Outlook for Mac? Does the same issue persist?

Thanks,
    Allen Zhang

• Hi Morgan,

How are things going? Has the issue been resolved? Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
    Allen Zhang
  • No still persists and annoyingly I just set up a desktop PC which doesn't have the issue.  Don't know if it's my Mac specifically or all Mac's using office 2011 for mac??  Any idea how i would start to troubleshoot this??

Morgan

• Hi Morgan,

To troubleshoot the issue, please connect your account to Outlook on the other Mac PC. 

If the issue persists, please try it again in a different network environment, such as home network.

If the issue doesn't persist on the other Mac PC, then I’d like to suggest you rebuild the Outlook on your own Mac PC by referring to Rebuild the Outlook for Mac 2011 database to resolve problems

Thanks,
    Allen Zhang
  • Hi Morgan,

I'm writing to follow up the previous thread. Do you need further assistance?

Thanks,
    Allen Zhang
  • I'm having this same problem on my Mac with Outlook for Mac 2011. I rebuilt the database, but that doesn't help. I can log in to OWA, but I don't know which messages to look at to determine if they have been marked read or not (I have 1806 unread messages). Any other suggestions?

-- Jeff

• I think I fixed it: in Outlook for Mac, I used advanced search to find all unread messages with attachments. I selected all of them and marked them Read. No more persistent Downloading Attachments 0/1 status flashing!

• I have the same issue - but all emails are read. I wouldn't even know how to single out those emails, whose attachments cause the synching issue. I have rebuilt the identity and started from scratch twice - that did not solve the issue. Any ideas?