How many emails can you do daily

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi there":

1. I would like to know how many emails can I send daily? Gmail Premier Apps allow anyone to send 2,000 emails per day. Is there any limit to emails you can send in Office 365.

2. Can I sync my multiple Outlook contact folders with exchange and different computer. Being able to sync my multiple Outlook Contact folders in different computers and on the web will save me so much valuable time. 

Verified Answer
  • Hi Gyurme,

as for your first question, here's the information from the Service Description:

Recipient Limits

To discourage users from sending unsolicited bulk messages, Exchange Online has restrictions that prevent users and applications from sending large volumes of email. Each Exchange Online mailbox can send messages to a maximum of 1,500 recipients per day. An email message can be addressed to a maximum of 500 recipients. These limits apply to emails sent within an organization as well as to messages delivered to external organizations.

Note

For the purposes of these limits, a distribution group that is stored in the Global Address List counts as one recipient. In a personal distribution group, each recipient is counted separately.

Message Rate Limits

To prevent overconsumption of system resources and help guard against inappropriate use, users can send only 30 messages per minute. If a user submits messages at a faster rate, Exchange Online will deliver the messages but will queue the messages at the server and throttle the rate of delivery.

• Hello Gyurme,

For addition to Rene 's reply, there are other restrictions related to message size, attachment size and so on. You can find more details from Message and Recipient Limits.

For your 2nd question, there is a Contacts folder in your mailbox. You can save your contacts in it and when you connect to Exchange online through Outlook, Outlook Web App or ActiveSync, even from different computers, you will have the same contacts information.

All Replies
  • Hi Gyurme,

as for your first question, here's the information from the Service Description:

Recipient Limits

To discourage users from sending unsolicited bulk messages, Exchange Online has restrictions that prevent users and applications from sending large volumes of email. Each Exchange Online mailbox can send messages to a maximum of 1,500 recipients per day. An email message can be addressed to a maximum of 500 recipients. These limits apply to emails sent within an organization as well as to messages delivered to external organizations.

Note

For the purposes of these limits, a distribution group that is stored in the Global Address List counts as one recipient. In a personal distribution group, each recipient is counted separately.

Message Rate Limits

To prevent overconsumption of system resources and help guard against inappropriate use, users can send only 30 messages per minute. If a user submits messages at a faster rate, Exchange Online will deliver the messages but will queue the messages at the server and throttle the rate of delivery.

• Hello Gyurme,

For addition to Rene 's reply, there are other restrictions related to message size, attachment size and so on. You can find more details from Message and Recipient Limits.

For your 2nd question, there is a Contacts folder in your mailbox. You can save your contacts in it and when you connect to Exchange online through Outlook, Outlook Web App or ActiveSync, even from different computers, you will have the same contacts information.

• Hello Gyurme,

Did the replies above answer your questions?

• Thanks for the information.  However we're still unclear about one facet that we're currently working on.  We want to setup a special mailbox for journaling all of our organization's email.  We've tested the available policies and have gotten our test user account's email journaled to that specific mailbox.  We then have an on premises archiver which POPs to the journaling mailbox to download the messages.

Our question is:  Will this configuration work or will we run afoul of the messaging limits when we add the other 900 mailboxes to our O365 domain?  If we may, can we work with MS to create an exception for this one journaling mailbox so we can ensure that all of our mail continues to be archived locally?