No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Exchange 2010, Offise365 and Postfix coexistence

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

I have Exchange 2010 SP2 environment and Postfix server as mail gateway. I successfully configured Exchange Hybrid Configuration and can move malboxes from on-premises domain to cloud and back. 

MX record (tratata.com) in DNS point to postfix server with priority 10. On Postfix configured all aliases.

I need that all e-mails sended to Office365 and if the mailbox not found in Office365 and Exchage, must go to Postfix server. 

How do I need to reconfigure the mail infrastructure?

Verified Answer
  • Sounds like you would create a mail routing loop if you did that. Here is your scenario:

Message from Internet --> Postfix --> Exchange 2010 --> Deliver or forward to O365

If you configure O365 to re-route mail back to on-prem it would endlessly loop. Maybe I am just reading this wrong?

• Sorry to say but no, catch all email addresses are not allowed in Office 365.

Thanks,

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Sounds like you would create a mail routing loop if you did that. Here is your scenario:

Message from Internet --> Postfix --> Exchange 2010 --> Deliver or forward to O365

If you configure O365 to re-route mail back to on-prem it would endlessly loop. Maybe I am just reading this wrong?

• Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

I would like configure like "catch all" in Exchange 2010. Do I have the ability to configure the "catch all" in Offise365?

• Sorry to say but no, catch all email addresses are not allowed in Office 365.

Thanks,

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Engineer,

How are things going? Did PlanetJorge answer your question to your satisfaction? If you have additional questions or concerns; feel free to update the post.

Best regards,
    Roger