No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

DNS records LAME and SPAMHAUS blocking

• Hi,

I have two businesses recently moved to Office 365. Both are experiencing the same problems.

Firstly a search on mxtoolbox tells me that I am receiving Non-Authoritative (or lame) responses from the Office365 name servers (ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com).

Secondly, some people are getting errors about SPAMHaus having our mailservers in the SPAMHaus RBL lists.

I have checked these lists at source, and we do not appear to be in them.

With one of these businesses, mail is currently forwarded to Office365 from another server and the clients are currently configured with Reply-To addresses set to the old domain. But the other one is not configured this way at all and it suffers from the same issue, so I dont think that is the problem here.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues right now?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

• Verify that you have all the DNS records in place; specifically the SPF txt record.

click the domains tab in the mop, the select the domain and click troubleshoot. This will tell you if the DNS entries are correct.

• Hi HCNZ,

How are things going? Is KelseyE's information useful for you?
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Hi KelseyE

I definitely have the SPF txt records in play, albeit from a non-authoritative response from the Microsoft Nameservers.

Non-authoritative answer:

mymove.co.nz  text = "v=spf1 include:outlook.com ~all"

Thanks for your suggestion

• Unfortunately, I already have TXT records as suggested and the Microsoft DNS troubleshooting tool thinks that everything is set up correctly. So, someone isnt "telling the truth" here :)

• Hi HCNZ,

We have checked your NS records and they have been correctly pointed to Office 365. Thus please wait for a period and check if it still persists.

As to your second question, I recommend you collect Mail Header from the users who get errors about SPAMHaus and then send them to us via Private Message for further research.

Thanks,
    Ella Huang
  • Hi HCNZ,

How are the things going? Is Ella's information useful for you?
    In addition, do you need further assistance on the issue?

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • No

I'm still seeing that the MSFT name servers are non-authoritative (lame) for both the domains I am trying to work with. You can check this yourself at :

mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx

mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx

Thanks

• Hi HCNZ,

Based on my understanding, you have moved your two custom domains to Office 365 and verified them. After added the two NS to your domain registrar, when you use the mxtoolbox to check the DNS record, you may find the non-authoritative error. If I misunderstand the issue, please correct me on time.
    If so, I have checked the domain DNS record for you and found that the DNS name server records have pointed to Microsoft successfully. The added the DNS records are correct.
    About the SPAMHAUS blocking, could you please give us the more detailed information or the screen shot about the error messages?

Thanks,
    Eric Sun
  • Hi HCNZ,

How are things going?
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun