No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Migration of Email User Names from Trial Period

This question is answered This question is answered
We have been under our trial period for the P1 Plan for Office 365. Our domain name delegation will be completed but for any mail that has come through on the @microsoft.com through outlook would that be lost when I change the usernames to be username@mydomain.com.au. I have all my users currently login under the @microsoft.com user name through outlook on the desktop.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Zaidah,

I understand that you would like to change the email addresses from using the domain xxx.onmicrosoft.com to customdomain.com. If there is any misunderstanding, please do not hesitate to let me know.

To change the email address, you can do the steps below:

1. Log in Office 365, click Admin.
    2. Click Users on the left panel, select a user account, and click Edit.
    3. Click Details, behind User name, select the custom domain, and click Save.

By doing so, the email address for this user account is changed to user@customdomain.com. The mailbox data will not be lost. However, you will need to reconnect the Office 365 account to Outlook desktop client. For detailed information, you can refer to http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.ecp.useoutlookanywhere.aspx.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

All Replies
  • Hi Zaidah,

I understand that you would like to change the email addresses from using the domain xxx.onmicrosoft.com to customdomain.com. If there is any misunderstanding, please do not hesitate to let me know.

To change the email address, you can do the steps below:

1. Log in Office 365, click Admin.
    2. Click Users on the left panel, select a user account, and click Edit.
    3. Click Details, behind User name, select the custom domain, and click Save.

By doing so, the email address for this user account is changed to user@customdomain.com. The mailbox data will not be lost. However, you will need to reconnect the Office 365 account to Outlook desktop client. For detailed information, you can refer to http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.ecp.useoutlookanywhere.aspx.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan