No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Simplist Way for Account Forwarding

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I want to have one email address forward to 3 other email accounts in the same domain and I want all 3 other email accounts to be able to send from this account. What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks,

Nathan

All Replies
  • @ Nathan,

Shared Mailbox can help you to achieve this target.

help.outlook.com/.../ee441202.aspx

• Hi Nathan,

Do you want the emails sent to one mailbox, but 3 others can receive the emails. At the same time, the 3 people can send email as the mailbox. Is that right?

The following Steps can acheive this goal.
    1.We can create a Shared Mailbox
    2.Create a security group for the users who need access to the shared mailbox.
    3.Assign the security group the FullAccess permission to access the shared mailbox.
    4.Assign the security group the SendAs permission to the shared mailbox.
    There is the help article:
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ee441202.aspx
    All the steps should be operated by PowerShell. Please refer to the following article to Use Windows PowerShell in Exchange Online.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc546278.aspx

Thanks,
    Larry He

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Nathan,

If you  need more help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Larry He

• That works very well thank you.

I've now added the new shared box to my Outlook Client and can receive and reply to emails fine. However I haven't been able to figure out how to create a new email from this account. Any ideas?

• Hi Nathan,
    I think this help article can help you.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Thanks,
    Larry He

• Hi Nathan,

Is there any update about this issue?

If you  need more help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Larry He

• If I'm not mistaken, this would be for setting up an entirely new profile inside of Outlook. I'm confused as to how this is supposed to work seeing as the new account that is setup doesn't have a password and is connected to a specific set of accounts.

Also, while I would settle if it is the only solution I would much rather be able to manage the account from inside my default outlook profile. And again I have no issues receiving the email and I can even reply to it from the new mailbox's email address inside my default Outlook profile, I just cant seem to be able to create a new email from that address.

Thanks,

~Nathan

• Oh, also the new account sends and receives emails from and to xxxxxx@[oursubdomain].onmicrosoft.com

but I would like it to send and receive as xxxxxx@[ourdomain].com

[ourdomain] being the domain name we currently have linked to Office 365 and use for our paid accounts.

Thanks,

~Nathan

• @ Nathan,

If you have send as and Full access permissssion, you can send as the shared mailbox.

Access shared mailbox:
    1.In outlook 2010,Select File>Info and click on Account Settings and select Account Settings...
    Highlight your Exchange account and click the Change.
    2.Click the More Settings... button
    3.Select the Advanced tab and click the Add... button
    4.Type in the name of the shared mailbox and click OK.
    5.You will be returned to the More Settings window, click OK.
    6.Click Next and then click Finish

• Yes I've done this. Thats how I can reply to emails and receive emails to the account. But what I cant do is create a new email and send it from the account.

• No, if you have setup Send as permissoin, you can send email as that account.

Please check your setup.

• There is clearly Send as permission because I can reply to an email as that email address with no issue. Again, what I cant do is create a NEW email and send it from the account.

• Maybe the following 2 threads can help you.

community.office365.com/.../52794.aspx

community.office365.com/.../67505.aspx

• Hi Nathan,
    If you  need more help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

• Hi Larry,

I unfortunately still don't have solutions to my 2 issues.

(1)

I think my issue is being perceived differently than the actual issue. My problem is [very likely] not an error, bug, or mis-configured setup, it is simply my lack of knowhow with the Outlook program.

So to recap: I need help creating a new email to be sent from the shared inbox.

I have absolutely no issue receiving emails at the account inbox. This means the account is fine and I'm in the distribution group fine.

I have absolutely no issue replying to emails. This means the Send-as permission is fine.

I just need to know how to create a new, entirely blank email inside of Outlook to be sent from the shared inbox address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(2)

The new account sends and receives emails from and to xxxxxx@[oursubdomain].onmicrosoft.com

but I would like it to send and receive as xxxxxx@[ourdomain].com

( [ourdomain] being the domain name we currently have linked to Office 365 and use for our paid accounts)

Thanks,

~Nathan