Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
We are currently experiencing issues with not receiving emails outside of our domain, can someone please help with an update?
Thanks for the feedback.
Is the MX record pointed correctly?
Is the FOPE seting to allow outside your domain?
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
How do I know if the MX record is pointed correctly? Everything was working up until Friday adn since then we haven't been receiving emails...
I understand that you cannot receive the emails sent to the emails sent to you from external mail system. To troubleshoot the issue, please provide the detailed information about the issue.
1. Does the external sender receive any Non-Delivery Report (NDR)? If so, please provide the detailed entire NDR.
2. Do all users in the same Office 365 tenant encounter the same issue since last Friday?
3. Is the email address with the custom domain suffix, such as email@example.com?
4. Did you do some configuration settings change last Friday?
5. Do you encounter the issue when using Outlook Web App (OWA)?
Based on the current situation, please test the issue via sending emails from other email system, such as Hotmail, to see if the same issue occurs. If you receive NDR via using Hotmail, please provide it.
As for MX record, you may use NSlookup tool to check whether the MX record is correct. Moreover, the MX record value should resemble the following:
How are the things going?
In addition, do you need further assistance on the issue?