No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook email does not show images after enabling office 365 for desktop office

This question is answered This question is answered

Windows 7/64-bit / Office Professional / Office 365

I have installed some components related to office 365 (as part of office 365 / Lync setup process. Since then my outlook (desktop) is not showing images (screenshots) in the email.

In place of image it shows: [cid:image001.png@01CD38E3.AADD64A0].

Are there any settings, I need to correct ?

Best Regards,

Hari.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply. I'd like you can login to OWA via http://mail.office365.com. If it works on OWA, I'd like you can reconfigure the email profile and before that please remove all the OST and OAB file.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

All Replies
  • Hi Hari,

Thansk for your post. I'm not sure the point you mentioned. If it's possible can you please upload a screenshot here about this case?

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• I have added the screenshot my email. Instead of showing actual picture, it shows some cryptic message [cid:

Hari.

• Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply. I'd like you can login to OWA via http://mail.office365.com. If it works on OWA, I'd like you can reconfigure the email profile and before that please remove all the OST and OAB file.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Hari,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Neo Zhu

• Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has got anywhere with this issue as it seems to be happening to my manager, I have tested it on the web tool and these images don't even show the cid:image address. I'm told this started happening since we configured her outlook 2010 to sync with the Office 365 account. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks  

• Hi TShopping,

Do you mean on OWA you still can't get all the pictures which in the email items? Can you send a test email from colleague to colleague to ensure that again. I'd like you can create a new thread new the capture of the error message and the steps which you have tried. Our SEs are willing to help.

Thanks,Neo Zhu