No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook connector

This question is answered This question is answered

My desktop Office used outlook connector to access my office live accounts. I get messages now that I should log onto microsoft live and change my password. I tried deleting one of the accounts from outlook, but I still get the message.

Karen

Verified Answer
  • Hello Karen,

Thanks for the information Lrichard provided.
    Do you mean that you cannot connect the new Office 365 account in Outlook 2007 due to Outlook Connector? If so, it isn’t recommended to use Outlook Connector to connect Office 365 account.

As a result, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. Create a new profile for the Office 365 account.
    2. Connect Outlook 2007 to the Office 365 account.
    If you need assistance when connecting Outlook to the Office 365 account, please feel free to post some detailed information about the issue, such as some screenshots, to help troubleshoot the issue.
    For tips, please click Use rich formatting > Insert image to upload the screen shots in the post manually.

Best regards,
    Claud

All Replies
  • I would create a new profile after moving your services to Office365 as they are different in features, locations of server ect. you can create a new profile:

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.useoutlookanywhere.aspx

Then in your old profile with old emails transfer them to the new profile:

help.outlook.com/.../dd401503.aspx

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Karen,

Thanks for the information Lrichard provided.
    Do you mean that you cannot connect the new Office 365 account in Outlook 2007 due to Outlook Connector? If so, it isn’t recommended to use Outlook Connector to connect Office 365 account.

As a result, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. Create a new profile for the Office 365 account.
    2. Connect Outlook 2007 to the Office 365 account.
    If you need assistance when connecting Outlook to the Office 365 account, please feel free to post some detailed information about the issue, such as some screenshots, to help troubleshoot the issue.
    For tips, please click Use rich formatting > Insert image to upload the screen shots in the post manually.

Best regards,
    Claud

• I tried this and can't open my outlook 2007 now. I get the message cannot start microsoft office outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened.

HELP!

• I tried creating a new profile and now I can't open outlook at all.

• Hello Karen,

Based on the current situation, if the OLSB mailbox data has been backed up, please uninstall and re-install Outlook 2007. If Outlook 2007 cannot open after re-installing, please post the detailed information about the Outlook 2007 issue, such as the error message when opening Outlook, in the following forum about Outlook IT Pro Discussions.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/

After opening Outlook 2007, please create a new profile and connect it to the Office 365 account to see if the issue persists.
    In addition, you may also provide some screen shots of the issue, such as the changed subject line. For tips, please click Use rich formatting > Insert image to upload the screen shots in the post manually.  

Thanks for understanding,
    Claud

• Hello Karen,

How are the things going?
    In addition, do you need other assistance on the issue?

Best regards,
    Claud