No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

No MX or A records - FAILURE to receive e-mails

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello

I have moved my domain and e-mail to office 365 according to your online instructions. I can send e-mail from my migrated e-mail account (custom domain at Melbourne IT), but when someone tries to send me an e-mail, they get the following error message:

No MX or A records for domain.co.uk.

Will you be able to help, please?

Many thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Hi Krastavica,

I understand you have transferred from Office Live to Office 365, and are facing the issue that the mailbox in Office 365 cannot receive messages. It sounds to be a DNS issue. Please check the name server records of your domain to see if they have been changed to Office 365 name servers. If not, you need to do this in Melbourne IT:

Change name server records at Melbourne IT

After that, the MX record for your domain will be created by Office 365 automatically. If you prefer to host your domain in Melbourne IT, you will need to manually create the MX record in Melbourne IT.

After that, please verify that MX record is available for your domain, and you refer to the following article to do this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2526164

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

All Replies
  • Hi Krastavica,

I understand you have transferred from Office Live to Office 365, and are facing the issue that the mailbox in Office 365 cannot receive messages. It sounds to be a DNS issue. Please check the name server records of your domain to see if they have been changed to Office 365 name servers. If not, you need to do this in Melbourne IT:

Change name server records at Melbourne IT

After that, the MX record for your domain will be created by Office 365 automatically. If you prefer to host your domain in Melbourne IT, you will need to manually create the MX record in Melbourne IT.

After that, please verify that MX record is available for your domain, and you refer to the following article to do this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2526164

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Thank you very much!

This resolved my issue.