Seit mehr als einem Jahr hat niemand auf diese Diskussion geantwortet, daher sind diese Informationen vermutlich nicht mehr aktuell. Wenn Sie Informationen zu diesem Thema suchen, suchen Sie nach einer neueren Diskussion, oder veröffentlichen Sie eine neue Frage.

Migration included in "Exchange Online" plan?

This question is answered This question is answered

I'd like to switch from Sherweb hosted exchange to Office 365 "Exchange Online" and want to migrate my previous account to Office 365.

I've read through this article http://help.outlook.com/en-US/beta/ms.exch.ecp.EmailMigrationStatusLearnMore.aspx

and am now confused about this line:

Applies to: Office 365 for professionals and small businesses, Office 365 for enterprises, Live@edu

Does this mean that the E-Mail migration service is not offered for the "Exchange Online" plan?

Is it possible to do an online only migration from Sherweb directly or do I need to use a local Outlook installation to do the migration?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Verified Answer
  • Hi Michael,

It’s ok to do a migration from Exchange Server to Office 365. However, they need to be migrated by administrator. To protect your data, I recommend backing up your data first. In addition, if there isn’t any much data or mailbox needs to migrate, it’s ok to save them locally via Outlook and move them to Office 365 account.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Michael,

The article also applies to Office 365 Exchange Online plans. You can refer them to perform a migration.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Great news.

Do you have any information regarding my ohter question?

Will it be possible to do a "server to server" migration from my current hosted exchange (Sherweb) to Office 365?

Or do I have to do this with a local copy of all my data and Outlook?

Thanks

• Hi Michael,

It’s ok to do a migration from Exchange Server to Office 365. However, they need to be migrated by administrator. To protect your data, I recommend backing up your data first. In addition, if there isn’t any much data or mailbox needs to migrate, it’s ok to save them locally via Outlook and move them to Office 365 account.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Michael,

I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. Does the reply above answer your question?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Thanks Monica!