No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

What is my Exchange Server Name

This question is answered This question is answered
I am trying to set up my email but cannot get the setting to except the Exchange Server name.
Verified Answer
  • Hi Jimmy Belt,

If you have added the autodiscover cname record for your domain, there is no need to manually type in the server name in Outlook 2010. Please see Use a CNAME Record to Enable Outlook to Connect.

After you configured this, please test it with https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ to make sure it works well, and then connect your Outlook to Office 365 by Connect Outlook to This Account.

To find your server settings, please sign in to your e-mail account using Outlook Web App. After you sign in, click Options > See All Options > Account > My Account > Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access. The POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server name and other settings you may need to enter are listed on the Protocol Settings page under POP setting or IMAP setting, and SMTP setting.
    You can also find the server name information by clicking the dropdown menu at the top right corner beside the question mark, and choose About

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

All Replies
  • Hi Jimmy Belt,

If you have added the autodiscover cname record for your domain, there is no need to manually type in the server name in Outlook 2010. Please see Use a CNAME Record to Enable Outlook to Connect.

After you configured this, please test it with https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ to make sure it works well, and then connect your Outlook to Office 365 by Connect Outlook to This Account.

To find your server settings, please sign in to your e-mail account using Outlook Web App. After you sign in, click Options > See All Options > Account > My Account > Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access. The POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server name and other settings you may need to enter are listed on the Protocol Settings page under POP setting or IMAP setting, and SMTP setting.
    You can also find the server name information by clicking the dropdown menu at the top right corner beside the question mark, and choose About

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi Jimmy Belt,

Did the above reply answer your questions? Please feel free to post back if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu