Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I want to know if it is possible to comfortably use shared contacts in Office 365. I searched for it and tried many things but did not get it all right.
My scenario is this:
- Every user has it's own privat contacts (this works, wow!)
- There is a shared contacts list for every user
- Shared contacts should be listed and editable online (Office 365 Outlook), in Outlook 2010 and on a phone
It should be easy to do, but I have not found a solution for it!
What I can do is:
1. SharePoint contacts list; works in Outlook, no integration in iPhone and online Outlook
2. Share a contacts folder in Outlook; works in Outlook, no integration in iPhone and online Outlook
3. Use GAL Externel Contacts; I can find contacts everywhere but not simply list them or add and edit
Did I try everything possible or did I miss something? What is the best solution for my scenario?
Thanks for the feedback.
Unfortunately, you cannot push the given permissions in OWA. The only permissions allowed to pass on at this time, in OWA, is Calendars.
OK, so there is no solution. I hope Microsoft is working on this.
SharePoint or external contacts would probably be your best options. The SharePoint option would work for all 3 listed scenarios since you are able to visit the SharePoint site on the device browser and from a computers browser.
Yes, but it is not integrated in online Outlook and iPhone (there is maybe a sync app?). External contacts (Windows Live or what?) would also mean no full integration.
If you have private Contacts, you can share it out to all or just a given amount of users. You can do this within the Delegation Features, within Outlook.
Wake up guys, this is a very important issue which should not just be fudged off with "use the browser" - what if we've got no internet access - you cannot them see your "shared contacts"... poor, very poor.
I agree that this is an issue that needs to be resolved. We have our SharePoint contacts linked to our Outlook clients, works great. Now all's I would need is the ability for the iTunes sync to be able to pull those contacts to my iPhone. In my mind I can't figure why this isn't possible, am I missing something?
We have been working on an Outlook add-in called "ProperSync for Microsoft Outlook". ProperSync allows users to sync Office365 contacts with Outlook, OWA, iPhones, etc.
You can find more here:
*Disclaimer - I am part of the ProperSync team, but hope this has been a relevant and useful posting.