No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Portal

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

i have been doing work in office 365. Why don't i have a setup menu and custom plan for doing a migration from on a on premises Exchange Server

lots of portal blogs show that they have it?

can anyone explain?

thanks

Enda

Verified Answer
  • Again it depends on the components you want to use, if you want to do a cutover you can go to the ECP by entering the Portal and clicking 'Manage' under Exchange Online. Under the section 'Users & Groups' there is a button that says 'E-Mail migration' that will allow you to do a cutover migration, it also has links to help you with the process.

If you want to deploy things like Directory Sync or ADFS for Single Sign On you can go here:

ADFS - onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff652540.aspx

Directory Sync - onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff652540.aspx

If you want to run in hybrid mode during your transition there is an excellent guide here:

technet.microsoft.com/.../default.aspx

If you want to leverage SP2 and the hybrid configruation wizard go here for a guide:

http://wp.me/p1bt13-7B

Thanks,

All Replies
  • Enda,

Can you give us a little more detail here? What setup menu don't you have? Are you referring to the Desktop Setup which is in the downloads section? There are many ways to do a migration from On-prem to Office 365, are you trying to leverage Directory Sync, ADFS/SSO? Are you looking to do a cutover or staged migration, do you want do run hybrid mode? If you can give us more information maybe we can help guide you in the right direction.

Thanks,

• Thanks for the response. Yes i would like to do a cut over from Exchange 2003 , where is the menu for that and then the re reqs it gives you after

• sorry pre reqs

• Again it depends on the components you want to use, if you want to do a cutover you can go to the ECP by entering the Portal and clicking 'Manage' under Exchange Online. Under the section 'Users & Groups' there is a button that says 'E-Mail migration' that will allow you to do a cutover migration, it also has links to help you with the process.

If you want to deploy things like Directory Sync or ADFS for Single Sign On you can go here:

ADFS - onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff652540.aspx

Directory Sync - onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff652540.aspx

If you want to run in hybrid mode during your transition there is an excellent guide here:

technet.microsoft.com/.../default.aspx

If you want to leverage SP2 and the hybrid configruation wizard go here for a guide:

http://wp.me/p1bt13-7B

Thanks,

• Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your effort on the forum.

Hi Enda,

If you would like to know more about cutover migration, here are also two links about it for your reference:

E-Mail Migration Overview

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.emailmigrationstatuslearnmore.aspx

Migrate All Mailboxes to the Cloud with a Cutover Exchange Migration

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.emailmigrationwizardexchangelearnmore.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Guo