No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

SMTP address

This question is answered This question is answered

When trying to send automated e-mails from SQL I have to put in an smtp address. I get the smtp address from the office setting on office 365. Is this likely to change at any point, stopping my automated mails from using, forcing me to change it again, or will this address stay static?

Thanks for any help.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Kattkn,

Thanks for your reply and information. The SMTP server address is always the same.  If there are some settings changes about server name or address, we'll send email to the Office365 tenant administrator about it.

Thanks,

Neo Zhu

All Replies
  • Hi MattKn,

Thanks for your post. For my understanding of this case, you have setup some automated e-mails settings on SQL. The SQL server will send the email to the smtp address.

If yes, for this settings ,you can change it at anytime you want . However, please confirm that the SQL server is already installed (or can connect ) SMTP service.

Thanks,

Neo Zhu

• I know i can change it any time i want, that wasn't my question. I want to know if the smtp server for my office 365 mail will ever change or if it will always be the same? There is no problem sending e-mails at the moment, i just want to know if i have to look out for the office 365 smtp server changing in future and have to adjust my SQL accordingly.

Thank you for your time.

• Hi Kattkn,

Thanks for your reply and information. The SMTP server address is always the same.  If there are some settings changes about server name or address, we'll send email to the Office365 tenant administrator about it.

Thanks,

Neo Zhu

• Hi Kattkn,

How are you? I just want to ensure that all the information is useful for you.

Thanks

• Yes that answered my question for me. Thanks very much!