Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
Thanks for the feedback.
Based on the current situation, I would like to confirm some points.
1. Whether the issue occurs occasionally or constantly after you use Outlook 2013.
2. Whether you have tried to configure other accounts (not the Office 365 account) in Outlook 2013 and if the issue occurs.
3. If there is any error message or it just shows “disconnected” at right bottom of the Outlook page.
If the issue only occurs in the Office 365 account, it may be caused by:
Outlook 2013 uses Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) to connect to Outlook.com accounts. If the proxy servers in the network that you are connected to are configured to time out inactive connections at a specific interval, the connection that Outlook is using to connect to Outlook.com can be disconnected.
And please follow the article below to troubleshoot it.
If you have any updates, please feel free to let me know.
0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
Hello Kid Yang,
At first it was random, but now it is constant. I do have a Hotmail account configured and it works fine, no error messages.
My outlook 2010 stays connected all of time with no issues, same account.
Thanks for your information.
To troubleshoot the issue, I suggest you repair the connection to your Exchange Online account in Outlook 2013 via the steps below.
1. In Outlook, click the arrow next to Account Settings on the File tab, and then click Account Settings.
2. In the Account Settings dialog box, select your account on the E-mail tab, and then click Repair. Follow the instructions in the repair wizard.
3. When the repair is finished, restart Outlook.
Here is an article for your reference.
In addition, you could also try creating a new profile and re-adding the Office 365 account by referring to the following links:.
Please try the suggestion above and check if there is any improvement. Any update is appreciated.
Have you any updates on this issue? Please feel free to let me know.
I am working on this again this morning, none of the previous suggestions have helped. I have deleted all profiles and tried to start from the beginning and still no luck. Have run the remote connectivity analyzer and everything checks out, used the settings from the analyzer results to manually configure the account and still get the same problem.
What I don't understand is that outlook 2010 works with the exact same settings, it seems that my only option is to revert back to Office 2010.
Thanks for your efforts.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Based on the current situation, I would like to confirm some other points.
1. If other users in your Office 365 organization encountered the same issue in the same environment.
2. If others don't encounter this issue, have you tried to configure your account in other's PC whose environment is same to yours(Windows 8 and Outlook 2013)?
3. Or, have you tried to configured your account in another PC with the same environment?
Could you provide me with the information asked above?
I was testing the water before we changed over any other PC's, due to the problems that we have encountered we decided not to continue using Office 365 and stuck with Office 2010. Since rolling back we have had no connection issue's, thanks for your attempts at helping resolve the problem they are greatly appreciated.
Good afternoon sorry to be late to the party, I am in a similar situation i tried the solution in the registry and that did not work. Any other thoughts or ideas? Im in the process of rolling back to 10? has anyone found another solution?
I never could get 2013 to be stable, unfortunately 2010 has been the best option for us. I wish you the best of luck and hope that 2013 will eventually work for you. Ben
Windows 7 Professional on desktop. Office 365 Home. Outlook 2013 desktop. Outlook.com account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
It's now 8 months later (July 2014) and the problem still exists. I've spent a week trying to get Outlook 2013 desktop to successfully and reliably sync calendar appointments to Outlook.com calendar.
I've had several remote sessions with Microsoft Support... they have tried all of the fixes posted throughout the 100s of online posts... nothing has resolved the problem.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there anyone who is using it successfully? Or, should I find a way to downgrade to Outlook 2010?
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
I have the same problem.
Installed Office 365 trial last week as wanted to try out new Outlook. Practically from the very outset I'm having a problem of disconnected (usually happens after 20 seconds from starting Outlook).
1) Uninstalled Kaspersky Pure 3.0 - nothing
2) Followed this help: www.slipstick.com/.../outlookcom-accounts-disconnected-outlook (equivalent to this support.microsoft.com/.../2876644) - nothing
3) Repair profile - nothing
4) Clean boot - again nothing, no solution.
Any ideas how to fix it?
I have the same problem. I removed the account, and created it again, It is still stating at bottom Trying to connect.
Gets even better. Brand new Surface 3 Pro, I install Office 365 as the very first application and.... Outlook keeps disconnecting after a few seconds.