No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Service Unavailable?

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

We're unable to login to webmail.

This is what I get when I click on the Outlook link after logging in to portal.microsoftonline.com.

Service Unavailable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. 

Is this the only method I can get support of Office365? Through the web? No phone number?

Clarence

2 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • As SCTEK said earlier, I am looking forward to my free steak dinner from this downtime ... hopefully while still employed. :D

• It's about customer service.  When there is a total service outage, the updates should be fast and furious.

Even if you don't have anything to report, report it often.

My users expect nothing less...so I expect the same.

• It still be 99.9% (8 hours in a year). In one day the service has been unavailable for more than 2 hours. People lose money when they cant access their email accounts. Its a a large problem, because it is affecting people worldwide.

Its a new service, but its expansive and for the price the service should work much better then that..

• Latest Update from MS

"Aug 17, 2011 1:13 PM PT

Investigating

All users are unable to access their email, and administrators are unable to manage existing accounts or provision new accounts.

"

• Microsoft won't even pick up the phone now...

• Actually, it appeas that Microsoft calculates uptime by the month. According to what I understand of the Office365 99.9% service guarentee, we are all now due for a 25% refund for this month's service. Approximately 45 Minutes is the first outage threshold in their SLA (1440 Minutes in a day x 31 days in August x .001 = 44.64 minutes). For Exchange they define an outage as unavailability of webbmail. see microsoftvolumelicensing.com/Downloader.aspx.

We all need to hold Microsoft to their contractual comittments.

• As far as I can tell, O365 is accepting emails. I've got several backup MX records and the emails aren't hitting there. I've manually moved priorities to force the failover to another email provider and it works. So it appears emails aren't being lost, you're just not able to access them. YMMV of course.

• I wonder why the forum post timings are off!!

• This sure was a nice time to have my office365 bill delivered to my gmail account. I'm glad they can send me the bill while my company is still unable to communicate with our customers.

• lol  i have to agree with you.  I think MS can at least inform user whats going on.....  i don't blame them for the down time.  I do however blame them for poor reaction to the problem.  %$#%^$#%!$

• Hello everyone,

We are aware of the service issue. Please follow the Service Health Dashboard for real time updates on this issue.

• Incident Ex440

Incident start time: Aug 17, 2011 12:00 PM

Date and time Status Details

Aug 17, 2011 1:13 PM Investigating All users are unable to access their email, and administrators are unable to manage existing accounts or provision new accounts.

Aug 17, 2011 12:41 PM Investigating We are investigating a service issue and will provide updated information when it becomes available.

Aug 17, 2011 12:32 PM Investigating We are investigating a service issue and will provide updated information when it becomes available.

• My folders were last updated at 1:34 pm CST

• 2 hours and counting

• It works as of 2:38 PM PDT. SF Bay Area.

No e-mails lost as far as I can tell...

Spoke too early... :-(

As of 2:57 PM PDT, most of my mailboxes are now available and functioning (at least send and receive) but there are still some which are not back yet.