No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Cannot setup global redirection rule under Office 365 P1 subscription

This question is answered This question is answered

I have just purchased Office 365 P1 for my customer and tried to set up Mail control rule to redirect e-mail to specific A/C and find that option not available.(It is there under my trial version)

Then, I have tried to set up similar task called “Journaling” under Mail control. 

However, I get the following error

Rule collection 'JournalingVersioned' not found. The system is incorrectly installed.

Get Help for an Error

There's no article associated with the error you found, Error ID: Ex736C93, but you can get help a couple of different ways. We recommend trying forums first.

We're searching forums . . .

We've searched the forums and found topics about Error ID: Ex736C93. Here are the top results:

We've searched the forums and couldn't find topics about Error ID: Ex736C93.

Please help,

1. Any solution for this error

2. And other alternative to setup rule under Office 365 P1 ?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Orson,

Glad to tell you I have found a workaround to do this in Office 365 P1. Please take the following steps to achieve it:

(1) Create a new mailbox to collect all the messages. For example, publicforward@contoso.onmcirosoft.com.

(2) Run this command in Remote PowerShell:

Get-Mailbox | Where {$_.RecipientType -eq "UserMailbox"}| Set-Mailbox -DeliverToMailboxAndForward $true

(3) Run another command to set forwarding rules for all the user mailboxes:

Get-Mailbox | Where {$_.RecipientType -eq "UserMailbox"}| Set-Mailbox -ForwardingAddress publicforward@contoso.onmicrosoft.com

(4) Remove the forwarding rule for the public forward mailbox:

Set-Mailbox pulicforward -ForwardingAddress $null

After that, all the user messages will be forwarded to the mailbox publicforward@contoso.onmicrosoft.com.  And this forwarding rule cannot be removed by end users.

Thanks,

Reken Liu

• Also, you can set the public forward mailbox as a shared mailbox, so there is no needed to assign Exchange online licnese on it.

All Replies
  • Hi OrsonLi,

As far as I know, the feature "Journaling" is only available for an enterprise Plan.  Would you please post a screen shot of the error message you received here?

Thanks,

Reken Liu

• Liu,

I don't know how to capture screen shot here.

Do you mean all plans that start with "E" like E1, E3 etc ? How about the plan call Exchange On Line alone?

But why they put the journaling tab option there under P1 Plam if it does not work ?  

This feature is really important for my customer. They switched to office 365 because they think they have this type of mail control.

Any work around solution with similar feature?

Thanks & Regards,

Orson

• Hi OrsonLi,

Currently the journaling feature is available for Office 365 E3, E4, and K Plans, and there is no any icons about this feature in Mail Control for P1 Plan.

I have done a lot of research to try to find a similar feature in P1 Plan with no lucky. The only method to do this seems to set a forwarding rule for each mailbox one by one.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi Liu,

I am sure journaling button is there under my customer's Office 365 P1, I have capture the screen but do not know how to paste it here.

That will be okay to set up rule one by one but all users can view/amend/delete rule set by admin. Any method to protect that.

How about the rule feature under admin setup? Will it be available under E1 or E2 or Standalone SKUs Exchange Online Plan 1 ?

Thanks

Orson

• Hi Orson,

Glad to tell you I have found a workaround to do this in Office 365 P1. Please take the following steps to achieve it:

(1) Create a new mailbox to collect all the messages. For example, publicforward@contoso.onmcirosoft.com.

(2) Run this command in Remote PowerShell:

Get-Mailbox | Where {$_.RecipientType -eq "UserMailbox"}| Set-Mailbox -DeliverToMailboxAndForward $true

(3) Run another command to set forwarding rules for all the user mailboxes:

Get-Mailbox | Where {$_.RecipientType -eq "UserMailbox"}| Set-Mailbox -ForwardingAddress publicforward@contoso.onmicrosoft.com

(4) Remove the forwarding rule for the public forward mailbox:

Set-Mailbox pulicforward -ForwardingAddress $null

After that, all the user messages will be forwarded to the mailbox publicforward@contoso.onmicrosoft.com.  And this forwarding rule cannot be removed by end users.

Thanks,

Reken Liu

• Liu,

Thank for your effort.

I shall need to take some time to try that since I am not familiar with powershell command.

By the way, do you know if Standalone SKUs Exchange Online Plan 1 support this missing feature (There are no trail version )

Thank again

Orson

• Also, you can set the public forward mailbox as a shared mailbox, so there is no needed to assign Exchange online licnese on it.

• Liu,

It works. Thanks

Orson

• Hi Orson,

It's good to hear that. Currently the Journaling feature is not available for Exchange Online Plan 1, and in fact this Plan is used in small business and professional subscriptions now.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Will this capture all email sent from a user in the domain as well?

• I followed these instructions and they worked BUT I would like to undo it now as I have some changes I would like to apply.

How would one go about:

1. Viewing PowerShell commands that are currently executing

2. Stop them from executing

Thanks for the help,

Sean

• The journaling icons/set up are DEFINITELY available in a P1 plan. Why,  if it's not available?  It just adds confusion and the error message is cryptic and completely useless.  Other than the ridiculous powershell option how do I get all sent and received messages from 9 mailboxes archived in a separate mailbox?
  • Hi Mch,

The Journal and retention policy feature are available for P1 plan now due to the service update from December 2011. The above workaround is still working. If there are more than one mailbox needed to be archived in a separate mailbox, we can run the cmdlets for these mailboxes one by one.

Thanks for your pointing out this.

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu

• So powershell is the only option? It doesn't seem to run in an XP environment - is that the case?
  • Hi Mch,

Before the update completes, we can use the PowerShell workaround. Windows XP is supported with PowerShell, please see Install and Configure Windows PowerShell.

If there is any PowerShell connection issues, it is recommended to open a new thread in the forum, and you would be able to get dedicated support for the issue.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu