No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Room List in Office 365

This question is answered This question is answered

Can a room list be created in Exchange 2010 Online?  Do you have to use a powershell command?  Do you have to have a dirsync server installed in order to run powershell commands?

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Hello,

Remote PowerShell is available even if you are not in co-existence.  You just have to set up a remote PS session to the O365 servers.  A good guide to getting this going is provided at this (3rd-party) site:

www.mikepfeiffer.net/.../office-365-connecting-to-exchange-online-with-remote-powershell

After completing the steps, you can see the set of commands available by doing a get-command

Now for the caveats: some standard Exchange PS commands may not work as expected, since we're dealing with a hosted, multi-tenant, beta environment -- adding users with the normal commands, for example, just won't work.  In addition, there are several O365 specific commands (account licensing, etc.) that are NOT present since they're still being worked on.  That being said, there should be enough here to for you to list out your resource rooms with the normal commands.

Thanks,

Chase

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello,

Remote PowerShell is available even if you are not in co-existence.  You just have to set up a remote PS session to the O365 servers.  A good guide to getting this going is provided at this (3rd-party) site:

www.mikepfeiffer.net/.../office-365-connecting-to-exchange-online-with-remote-powershell

After completing the steps, you can see the set of commands available by doing a get-command

Now for the caveats: some standard Exchange PS commands may not work as expected, since we're dealing with a hosted, multi-tenant, beta environment -- adding users with the normal commands, for example, just won't work.  In addition, there are several O365 specific commands (account licensing, etc.) that are NOT present since they're still being worked on.  That being said, there should be enough here to for you to list out your resource rooms with the normal commands.

Thanks,

Chase

• Chase,

Thank you for sending me to that site.  It is very helpful.  I've downloaded WinRM.  Will try the remaining steps next Tuesday.  

I should have been more specific in my question.  I'm interested in the new Room Finder feature with Exchange 2010.  I ran into a document with Powershell commands on how to make a distribution list be a "Room List" with the -RoomList parameter.  I'm hoping this will work with Exchange Online because I really need this feature for our company.

I have no experience with Powershell, so I'll try to muddle through and will post other questions if needed.

Thank you so much for the quick response!

• I believe the functionality you are looking for is in Office365.

From Outlook 2010 or OWA create a new meeting request and click "Resources..." from there you should see the "All Rooms" list that should show all of the "Conference Rooms" you have created (or sync'd)

Let us know if this is what you are looking for.

• We have hundreds of rooms, so we need to create more granular room lists for each floor of each location. The All Rooms list is not very helpful in our case.

• Hello Markgo,

All you have to do is create a new room by logging into https://portal.microsoftonline.com. Then select manage, it is located in the middle of the page under Exchange.

1.To  create a new room for each location

2.Under users and group, select mailboxes

3. After mailboxes, click on new options

5.Click on Room mailbox

6.Then the room is created

7. Go general

8. Room name and the location

10. Under booking options

11.You can delegate users or you can keep it automatic 

Best regards,
    Sherika MSFT Support

• Hello Markgo,

Thanks for your post here in the forum. We welome all users and hope to be able to proviode helpful answers.

I have looked at your request to have a better way to list your hundreds of rooms by a common factopr like building and floor. Please review the following link

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/160/p/14971/69119.aspx 

Let me know if this is more what you were looking for.

Regards

Samuel

• Hello Markgo,

I just wanted to follow up and ask if the information provide was of any help. Please update the post notifying us of the current status of the issue, or Let me know if it is ok to go ahead and close this post.

Best regards,
    Sherika MSFT Support

• Hello Markgo,

Please advise whether the suggestion that was sent was useful. If you still have additional questions or concerns, please let me know and I will continue assist as needed. I look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Sherika MSFT Support

• Hi,

Is there a way to automatically add the meeting room of specific location on room finder

Regards,

Abet

• Also, is there a way to block meeting requests in a specific room for a period of time?