Cannot connect Outlook 2010 to Office 365 account

This question is answered This question is answered

When connecting the account i get the following error:

An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available.  Click next to attempt using an enencrypted connection. 

Clicking next results in an error as well.

I have setup previous office 365 addresses on this same computer without issue. 

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

If the issue didn’t occur on all the users in this domain, please refer the article below to troubleshoot it:

Outlook cannot configure a new profile by using Exchange Autodiscover for an Exchange Online mailbox in Office 365

support.microsoft.com/.../2404385

Thanks,

Monica Tong

All Replies
  • I was able to successfully add this account to outlook 2011 for mac on my home PC.  Not sure why it will not work on the windows PC.  

• Hi Blackjer,

You may click Cancel when receiving the error message “An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available. Click next to attempt using an encrypted connection”. Then you may choose to connect with IMAP or POP protocol.

For the information about Setting Up Outlook 2010 for IMAP or POP Access to Your E-Mail Account, please refer the article below:

help.outlook.com/.../gg312147.aspx

If any error occurred when re-configuring the account in Outlook 2010, please post the error in the forum.

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• I'd rather not go the pop or imap route.  I can successfully add an account from another one of my domains that is under the same Office 365 account.  So, im not sure why this problem is occurring with this domain only????

• Hello

Can you open the mailbox using OWA?

Are you using your own custom domain? If so have you created an autodiscover record as described in onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637620.aspx

If the autodiscover is working did this PC use the BPOS single sign in client? If so consider uninstalling it and using the instructions at  www.microsoft.com/.../4ce3c21d-2c2e-4ed7-bb7d-85125d5ae296.htm

If still having issues try creating a new user profile and see if it works.

Thanks

Steven

• The mailbox works fine using OWA.  

It is my own custom domain.  

The autodiscover record is entered correctly in my Go daddy control panel.

I do have the BPOS installed.  - will uninstall now per your request.

I have tried creating a new profile.  

• Just an update/Correction

BPOS is not installed on the computer. I ran the setup that is under the downloads section within the office 365 portal though.  

And again, I can add an email address from one of my other custom domains without issue.  

• Hi,

If the issue didn’t occur on all the users in this domain, please refer the article below to troubleshoot it:

Outlook cannot configure a new profile by using Exchange Autodiscover for an Exchange Online mailbox in Office 365

support.microsoft.com/.../2404385

Thanks,

Monica Tong

• Please Check this article May help

support.microsoft.com/.../2644437