No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Connected Accounts problem

This question is answered This question is answered
I have several accounts setup for Connected Accounts to link POP3.  However, there is one account having particular problem, and it's one that uses Network Solutions' mail service.  their mail server for the domain I'm connecting: mail.acicular.com accepts both POP3 and IMAP.  Once credentials are entered, the process is stuck at "Downloading" and never completes.  However, the Connected Accounts always appears to default on IMAP, port 993.  I believe if we can force switch this to POP3, it would work.  But, there is no manual connect selection option available for POP3 vs IMAP.  What should I do next?

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

You may type the email address and a password in the New Account Connection window, please choose No when receiving the warning "A secured connection couldn't be established to this account. Not all providers offer secured connections. Would you like to try an unsecured connection instead?". Then click POP in the New Account Connection window.

Then you will get the screen to type your server name and other settings.

Please Note: The port was selected by default. If you use different port, please type your port number. For more information about the description for the Account Information and Server Information, you may refer to the below article:
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc498702.aspx?sl=1

Follow the wizard to finish the process to connect your other account.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

All Replies
  • Hi,

You may type the email address and a password in the New Account Connection window, please choose No when receiving the warning "A secured connection couldn't be established to this account. Not all providers offer secured connections. Would you like to try an unsecured connection instead?". Then click POP in the New Account Connection window.

Then you will get the screen to type your server name and other settings.

Please Note: The port was selected by default. If you use different port, please type your port number. For more information about the description for the Account Information and Server Information, you may refer to the below article:
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc498702.aspx?sl=1

Follow the wizard to finish the process to connect your other account.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• OK, thanks.  I tricked it into getting this screen by entering a bogus password.  Once this screen became available to me, I was able to select POP3 settings.